Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Meal Planner! in the Vacation Planning forums; I found this on Meal Planner on WDW Planner Website: http://www.wdwplanner.com/index.htm I used it, and it was interesting to see about how much money you will need for food alone, ...
    #1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.

Meal Planner!

I found this on Meal Planner on WDW Planner Website: http://www.wdwplanner.com/index.htm

I used it, and it was interesting to see about how much money you will need for food alone, if you plan on going to these resturants. You type in the dates you will be in Disney and then it will give you a list. Breakfast, Lunch, Snack and Dinner. You just click on where you think you will be eating and it estimates the price for you and it will also give you the day you should call for your PS seating.
    Last edited by #1EeyoreFan; 05-26-2005 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Wrong site name.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    This site gives you Activities and everything also

http://www.wdwplanner.com/downloads/...perPlanner.xls
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Yes, that is a great resource. Their spreadsheet will help plan out an approximate cost of a trip.
    And yes, it does add up when you need to eat out at least 3 times a day.This is a great way to see how much one can "accidentally" spend on a Disney World vacation. I've had several friends that thought they had all of their expenses figured out before their trip only to come back with maxed out credit cards. It is very wise to plan everything out and get a good idea of what everything will cost before you go. This way, you can either cut away at what you plan to do, or budget a little more than expected. Whatever your budget, I highly recommend adding at least an extra 10%.

Great tip!
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    This is why I keep some food in our room. So we eat many breakfasts, snacks, lunches, and all our park beverages from our room. That way we can spend more on nice dinners. After several trips, you get a real good idea on much you spend on food.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    This is why I keep some food in our room. So we eat many breakfasts, snacks, lunches, and all our park beverages from our room. That way we can spend more on nice dinners. After several trips, you get a real good idea on much you spend on food.

It's all about planning and identifying what your priorities are. That's one of the main focuses of our book is to try to get people to understand how to spend their money wisely on what really matters to them. If the only thing someone eats for breakfast at home is cereal, why not do that on vacation as well? Only spend money on things that will enhance your experience. If eating out at the best restaurants three times a day is a priority and you have a limited budget, then skimp on the hotel and souvenirs. Planning and prioritizing.

If you fail to plan, plan to spend a lot of money.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    We usually eat a big lunch a little later than usual and then we won't need that much to eat for dinner, just a small snack, therefore saving the money for a big dinner.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    For us dining is a HUGE part of the fun of our vacation. However, we learned long ago that one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert will leave BOTH of us stuffed. Share and you eat for half price! On the day we want to go to a restaurant where we can't share (Boma for example) we have a larger breakfast than usual (usual is a cereal bar or equivilant) and a snack mid-afternoon so we will have plenty of room to make ourselves sick on the buffet!

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was just wondering - which restaurants is it ok to share at? Sorry if I sound dim, but is it only buffets where you have to pay per person? Or are there any others which would not be happy to serve one meal between two people? This would be a definite way for my fiance and I to save money because we know from the past that we can't eat a whole Florida portion to ourselves
    Jen xXx

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap-Vamp
    I was just wondering - which restaurants is it ok to share at? Sorry if I sound dim, but is it only buffets where you have to pay per person? Or are there any others which would not be happy to serve one meal between two people? This would be a definite way for my fiance and I to save money because we know from the past that we can't eat a whole Florida portion to ourselves
    That is a great question! Since some of the restaurants serve such large portions, it is a great idea to share. I know that I shared the fried chicken meal at the Prime Time Cafe and they didn't have a problem with it at all - even brought an empty plate for us to divide the food.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

That's good to know GaRain, thanks - it's one of the places I'd like to eat (not sure if my DF does though )

If anyone knows of any others I'd be pleased to hear
    Jen xXx

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    WDW restaurants are used to people sharing entrees. DH and I do it all the time all over the WDW resort. Just let your server know you will be splitting your meal, and they'll *usually* split it into two plates for you. Sometimes they just bring you an extra plate. It's really the only way DH and I can eat an appetizer, salad, entree, dessert, and bread at most table service places. If we each ordered 1 entree, that's all I could eat. I like having the variety of trying other dishes on the menu. And I'm always STUFFED when we split meals.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thanks for your info Amanda - again, really helpful I can't wait to go back - it's been five years next month since my last trip :o
    Jen xXx