Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What costume for 2011 MNSSHP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Costume for MNSSHP 2011?! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey all! So it's true. I'm a nerd. A nerd who also loves the MNSSHP. By this time last year I already had last months costume planned. I feel like ...
    BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Costume for MNSSHP 2011?!

Hey all!

So it's true. I'm a nerd. A nerd who also loves the MNSSHP. By this time last year I already had last months costume planned. I feel like I am LATE in the game.

Here are the three party costumes I have worn before.

MNSSHP 2004 - Cardinals Fan (Yeah. Not a lot of planning involved here, but to be fair, it was a suprise trip for me and we didn't realize adults dressed up, so we all wore jerseys...)**no picture on this comp.**

MNSSHP 2009 - Tigerlily. The whole family dressed as Peter Pan charecters. Fun

MNSSHP 2010 - Jasmine and Prince Ali (my boyfriend and I) I wore the purple wedding dress and he was Prince Ali.

and my favorite...

All of the costumes (minus jerseys ) are homemade of course. And no detail is spared (unless I run out of time - which was the case this year with Prince Ali... I was literaly sewing in the hotel room 30 minutes before we left for the party!!)

So the costumes in question are once again for Hatem (boyfriend) and I. Here are photos of my options.

Mary Poppins and Bert, rooftop London scene.

Now, the only problem with this is, Mary Poppins is my sisters favorite movie and she and her husband were Mary Poppins (Jolly Holiday) and Bert (Let's go fly a kite) for this years MNSSHP... It doesn't bother me, but she claims all things Mary.

Ariel and Prince Eric, Kiss the Girl

This is what I am leaning towards right now... I love this

Briar Rose and Prince Philip

Oddly enough, it's pretty much an identical dress to Ariels. These costumes are much more understated and less recognizable - but sweet!

So what's your opinion? I'm open to suggestions! The goal is another "couple".

I love this, the planning, the sewing, the fabric shop thinking I'm nuts, and watching the movie 30 times to make sure I am doing things right...
    Last edited by BethBreakey; 11-01-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added photo.