Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Best place to view Wishes and IllumiNations in the Vacation Planning forums; I am trying to figure out the best place to view Wishes and IllumiNations. Please let me know. The last time we viewed IllumiNations was from Japan. The last time ...
    Nemorules is offline A-Ticket holder

Best place to view Wishes and IllumiNations

I am trying to figure out the best place to view Wishes and IllumiNations. Please let me know. The last time we viewed IllumiNations was from Japan. The last time we viewed Wishes was from Tomorrowland Terrace, I think.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Best place to view Wishes and IllumiNations

I found my favorite spot to view wishes at the walkway by the crystal palace... It doesn't give a head on view of the fireworks behind the castle... More of an off to the left look... This still is one of the few un-obstructed views I have ever seen... Also if you get there like 5 minutes before the show you can still get a front row spot by where the stroller parking is right at the handrail...

For illuminations I have seen it in many different places but i liked on the bridge by Canada... Again un-obstructed... But if the wind blows toward you the smoke follows... I'm not as thrilled about this one as I am about the one at MK...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I am kinda partial to Japan, you can get great shots!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

For wishes, if you feel like sitting or standing for awhile Main Street Station is so awesome! I got tons of awesome shots by using the railing as a stabilizer

you can find the rest of the shots here http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/a...ursday%2018th/

Illuminations I've watched from the handicapped area because of my mom but in 08 we did watch it from the Mexico Quick Service area by the lake before it was turned into the new restaurant area it is today (not sure if you can sit there anymore or not) But I really liked viewing them from those places.
    Last edited by lilo88; 01-05-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I love that shot Tiff!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Thanks C!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

dpuck1998 is offline Fastpass Holder

Tomorrowland Terrace for Wishes, but I think that is gone now that they are doing the Dessert Party there now. My favorite place for wishes is the Poly Beach!

Illuminations, I always seem to be in Mexico that time of night, but I enjoy it most in Japan.

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
    March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV;April10'POR;June11' Dream/BCV;Dec11'THV

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

For Wishes, to the left of Casey's (when facing the castle) just past the tables...usually in that area by the bathrooms it isn't too crowded, and it helps for an easy exit

For Illuminations...either the Italy Isola, from England, or by the gift shops near where the border of Future World to World Showcase is
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    For Wishes, to the left of Casey's (when facing the castle) just past the tables...usually in that area by the bathrooms it isn't too crowded, and it helps for an easy exit

For Illuminations...either the Italy Isola, from England, or by the gift shops near where the border of Future World to World Showcase is
    yeh a bit further down and your by my spot near the Crystal Palace...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Illuminations. I tried many places and personally find Italy the best. It does get busy quite early but there is a fabulous unobstructed view :-)

sdwrdt is offline A-Ticket holder

We had an awesome spot on the pier(?) outside of Germany. No obstructions.

My daughter said her band's view in Italy was better, but not sure how it could have been.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

For Illuminations, we like the area just to the left of Germany, as you are facing Germany. The view is from under the trees so they are not in the way and it normally does not fill up until right before the show. Another plus is restrooms right near by if you do show up early. The final selling point for me was quick access to a soft pretzel and German beer to enjoy during the show.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I liked Illunimations in Japan but up on the balcony... there is an obstruction, but I like it!

I'm linking to the photo page because this isn't my photo (cause my pictures weren't that great haha)
    Illuminations from Japan [Explore] | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

As for wishes from the train station... it's nice, but when I went last we headed there 2.5 hours before the show started and people were camped out there already. I still got an okay spot, but not good enough to set up my tripod, and then 10 minutes before it started a lady came with her 5 kids and shoved them in front of me. I wasn't very happy and my bf was mad at me for not giving them my spot... but seriously, maybe if they had asked I would have moved but they didn't have to be rude and just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I don't deserve a spot I waited 2.5 hours for! (sorry, I'm bitter about that haha, but seriously everyone thought I was a monster :S )

Rtobe is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wishes - a fireworks cruise was one of the most amazing views I've seen. I like the straight on view from Main Street - around Casey's fireworks appear over castle But other places off to side give a different perspective castle to one side, fireworks off to right (Bay Lake Tower, Calif. Grill, in park near rose garden).

Illuminations - I did a special party during Food and Wine - the viewing area was in between the two gift stores on either side of World Showcase coming from Future World. Since this area is usually reserved, it was fun to see here. The other place I actually was surprised by the view was near America Gardens theatre (on the left side). Of course if I'm feeling tired, the view from a balcony at Boardwalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast