Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Extera Magic Hours--What do you think in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova Only a matter of time before Disney starts charging hotel guests for EMH. I'm shocked that fast pass is still free. i am still surprised this ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Extera Magic Hours--What do you think

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Only a matter of time before Disney starts charging hotel guests for EMH. I'm shocked that fast pass is still free.
    i am still surprised this is not an added charge...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

mainegal is offline Fastpass Holder

I go in December when the parks close "early". I do use EMH to get extra park time.

ALammers300 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by davidthe8thdwarf View Post
    We use a trick we heard about in another forum. We visit the park with the extra morning hours and stay until the park starts to get crowded (usually around 11) and then we head back to the resort for lunch and a nap. We then go to the park with the extra evening hours. It usually works out pretty good for us that way.

I agree with the above but it also depends on who you're travelling with. My friend and I (who don't travel with children) went to MK during Easter break for EMH in the AM and it was the best decision ever. It was actually an unannounced one too...(We confirmed with castmembers that during holidays they occasionally open early to just start getting people in) we got there at 6:55 thinking the park would open at 8 and it opened at 7. We ran through all the Fantasyland rides and got a FP for Space mountain, headed over to Frontierland when it opened at 8 and then could just leisurely make our way through it all and leave while chaos started to ensue. We would do this with other parks too and come back to different ones (usually EPCOT) at night since walking around EPCOT in the evening is the best!
    October 1991-Polynesian
    October 1993-Port Orleans French Quarter
    October 1995-Port Orleans French Quarter
    May 1997-Beach Club
    February 2000-All Star Movies
    June 2000-Yacht Club
    February 2002-All Star Movies
    February 2003-All Star Movies
    April 2003-Yacht Club
    May 2004-Pop Century
    March 2006-Pop Century
    August 2008-Pop Century
    April 2010-Pop Century....and V&A's!
    August 2011-Pop Century....and V&A's!!!!

xtencio is offline A-Ticket holder

i usually avoid EMH, especially at the magic kingdom. they make the rest of the day just way to busy to make it worthwhile in my book. so if you use them my best advice is make sure you have a park hopper.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i am still surprised this is not an added charge...
    Shhh!!!!! Don't give them any ideas!!!!!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We have some wonderful memories of having Fantasyland all to ourselves and our youngest got to ride Dumbo WITH Donald Duck during an Evening Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. So, we were sold on doing Evening Extra Magic Hours on that trip alone.

We don't go to every EMH during our vacation. We mix it up. Sometimes like the other post, we'll visit a park that had an EEMH the night before and have experienced NO CROWDS! It was surreal and this was during peak season. We've also been to Disney's Animal Kingdom during an EEMH and the park was packed and we had to wait an hour for EE. Now, that was NOT fun! (Note: DAK no longer does EEMH.)

I am NOT a morning person and we have only been to a handful of MEMH. The old saying "the early bird catches the worm" is so true. In that one hour, we accomplished a lot. Not having offsite guests in the park DID make a BIG difference when trying to navigate the parks to our desired attractions. We made sure to do fast-loading rides to make the most of our hour.

I suggest, don't go commando and do EVERY EMH. But, try it out at least once during your vacation.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Rick Blaine is offline B-Ticket Holder

EMH are great at night. If you go to MK and it is open until 3:00 by 1:30 or so the park is pretty much empty and you can walk on just about anything.

MikefromBoston is offline A-Ticket holder

We always take advantage of the EMH. We always get park hopper tickets and if we do the morning EMH, we usually go till about mid day and go back to our resort for a swim or nap. After refreshing our batteries, we go to another park, sometimes doing an evening EMH as well. If we do an evening EMH, we try to sleep in the next day. I try to go fo about a 10 day stay usually so we can build in some down days.

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(

One of my best memories are at the EMH at the Magic Kingdom at night. We had an amazing time and loved being there after hours in the dark. Had never really been able to ride the attractions after dark and it gives a completely different feel to them. It was great!!!!!! Can't wait to get back there this summer and do it again.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12