Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss What's October like? in the Vacation Planning forums; I am going Oct 4-7 and I am just wondering what type of crowds am I likely to encounter? What is the weather usually like? I will probably be without ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

What's October like?

I am going Oct 4-7 and I am just wondering what type of crowds am I likely to encounter? What is the weather usually like?

I will probably be without my DH but meeting my brother for his vacation but I wanted to have a fairly relaxing trip. I do plan on eating my way around WDW. Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I am going Oct 4-7 and I am just wondering what type of crowds am I likely to encounter? What is the weather usually like?

I will probably be without my DH but meeting my brother for his vacation but I wanted to have a fairly relaxing trip. I do plan on eating my way around WDW. Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?

weather wise it can get into the 90's. crowds should be mid-sized.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs

Will be there with the DW 4-14 October. Hope the weather is not too hot and none of those hurricanes this year. Maybe we will bump into each other.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Please dont mention those hurricanes, but then it did give me two days at DTD for the last one

tinkerbellandme is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oct weather can be sticky, literally. It can easily be in the high 90's and can be very rainy. It is really a crapshoot. Even if there are no tropical storms in the immediate area, the area can be affected with rain from storms further away. As far as crowds, it used to be a less busy time to go. Now that F + W has expanded and will be in full swing then, it is a lot busier than first of Oct used to be. And also depending on when the golf tournament is at Disney, that can add more visitors especially in on property hotel rooms.

As to what to do, like you said, eat your way around the world, specifically world showcase! One day don't even plan any meals, just stop at all the booths, and get one or two items to share. There are great cooking demonstrations, free wine tastings, and some inexpensive wine sampling. There is also a series called wine pairings, and some of these are held at Le Cellier, Coral Reef and a couple others. They consist of 3 wines, paired with 3 appetizers, which all together make a nice lunch, you will be full! Last year they cost $35 person and that was not bad for some chef talk, some winery rep talk, and 3 glasses of wine with 3 appetizers. If you really want to go all out, go to one of the Saturday nite Party for the Senses. It is really amazing, about 50 food tables and about 30 wine tables, each offering several wines. The cost last year was I think 90 per person, pricey, but you can stay there a full 3 hours or longer, and eat and drink the entire time! Quite a nice evening that I think all would enjoy once. I would love to go again, but the price makes me feel I have to wait a couple more years before spending that again.

I especially love dinner at L'originale Restaurante d' Alfredo, or whatever it is really called! Love the fettucini Alfredo, yummy.

Just enjoy whatever you do.

Gin

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that this was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Crowds are moderate as Brian already mentioned, and the weather varies as Mother Nature tries to get the last little bit out of her system. Don't forget Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Remember when it would actually get cool in October?