Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Solo trips in the Vacation Planning forums; maybe your mom will go with you.. i think i would love a solo trip or a trip with someone who will ride all the rides.. my hubby is a ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: Solo trips

maybe your mom will go with you.. i think i would love a solo trip or a trip with someone who will ride all the rides.. my hubby is a chicken..he dont like coasters, and he wont do tower of terror. and he dont wanna get wet.. so that leaves out alot..lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

GoofyRulez is offline D-Ticket Holder

I did a solo 1 day trip to MK back in April of 1994. It was my birthday and I was in Florida so I said what the heck. I have never had so much fun. There was no asking anyone what they wanted to do next. It was great.
    Goofy Rulez

D23 Member Since September 2010

Walt Disney's
    Carolwood Pacific Railroad
    Member Since March 2011

June,1978-First Time-Off Property
    April,1994-My 24th Birthday-1 Day Trip
    Nov,1995-1 Day trip
    Aug,1997-1 Day Trip
    Sept,1998-Our Disneymoon-All Star Music
    June,2003-1 Day Trip
    Aug,2010-Caribbean Beach Resort
    Aug,2012-All Star Movie

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    maybe your mom will go with you.. i think i would love a solo trip or a trip with someone who will ride all the rides.. my hubby is a chicken..he dont like coasters, and he wont do tower of terror. and he dont wanna get wet.. so that leaves out alot..lol
    We'll see I'll prob still go solo even if she doesn't though cos I'm in serious need of Disney Therapy

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Sounds like a fun idea...personally I don't think I could do a week by myself, I'd probably get lonely...I could definitely do a weekend or a short 2 or 3 day trip and race through the parks to just the stuff I want (and a 4-park day plus more would be in store)

In the next couple years, toward my junior and senior year, when I have more money of my own (and not have to mooch off parents) I would definitely plan a couple long weekend-getaways to Disney World
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

dis53 is offline A-Ticket holder

I did two separate solo trips, both a week in length. Some days I missed having someone to enjoy dinner with, but on the other hand I got to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I'm not sure I could vacation anywhere else alone and have as much fun and feel as safe. I was married at Disney World, and the trips were kind of closure after the divorce!

Magimike is offline A-Ticket holder

G'Day,
    I'm an Australian traveling to the other side of the planet to visit WDW for three weeks in August. I'll be traveling alone, and will have my 54th Birthday during the stay.
    What can I do to celebrate my birthday and make it special?
    During the stay I have already booked Fantasmic Dinner package, Chef Mickeys, Epcot Segway tour, Wild Africa Trek, and the backstage Magic tour.
    What would you suggest for my birthday?
    Thanks

dis53 is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm a big Magic Kingdom fan, so dinner at California Grill (and watching the MK fireworks from there) would be a great birthday treat. If not the California Grill, dinner in Epcot. Don't discount a guided walking tour of Animal Kingdom (in addition to the Wild Africa Trek). Very informational, and you will see the Animal Kingdom in a different light. Just being at WDW will make for a special birthday!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Grab a button and wear it where ever you go. When you book, let them know on the phone that you are celebrating your birthday. Many times, you will return to your room and find a ballon and signed photo from Mickey and Minnie waiting for you.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NavyMouse is offline A-Ticket holder

I would love to fly solo for a week or more! In fact, I might be doing that in June! I invited my aunt and would not be disappointed at all if she decides to go (plus it will cut my costs some...). As a WDW enthusiast (nerd) I would love to decide exactly what I do with every single second at WDW. I know there are some things I would like to geek out on that others might not appreciate as much. I plan on becoming a regular to WDW in the future so the solo trip will happen eventually if not this June!

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

When I'm in Orlando on buisiness, I go to the parks or DTD in the evenings by myself. I've never stayed on property during work trips, but after being used to WDW stays with my family, it would be very different. I enjoy the parks and have been able to pay a lot more attention to little details I've missed during family trips when travelling solo. I've also never had any trouble walking up to any table service restaurant and getting a table for one. The single rider lines are always nice too, but having the choice, I would much rather be there with my family. Inevitably, when I'm there, I'll pass by a mom and dad laughing and having a great time with their kids and suddenly feel lonely. Either way, being at WDW solo or with family is wonderful.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder

I've done several one day visits while I was there on business. Its ok but very different and because I'm very very family oriented, I feel like they are missing out. I see alot more..ride alot more but the expirience is definitely different.
    10/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    01/2013 Beach Club Resort
    11/2012 Saratoga Springs
    04/2012 Old Key West
    02/2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    12/2011 Downtown Disney Buena Vista Palace
    09/2011 Wilderness Lodge
    05/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    09/2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    05/2010 Bonnet Creek
    10/2009 Coronado/Old Key West
    05/2009 Saratoga Springs
    03/2009 Old Key West
    01/2009 Saratoga Springs
    11/2008 Offsite
    09/2008 Offsite
    05/2008 Caribbean Resort
    03/2008 offsite
    01/2008 offsite
    11/2007 off site
    05/2007 offsite

xtencio is offline A-Ticket holder

i've done several solo short trips of a couple days at a time. if you love disney and those close to you maybe don't feel the magic as deeply as you, a solo trip can be great so no one is there to bring your disney high down. like others have said if you start to feel lonely in the parks by yourself just look at some poor parent of a meltdown child and feel the freedom. all of you have me thinking of a longer solo trek perhaps a birthday week.

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Solo trip won't be happening this year now.. maybe 2013 for fantasyland expansion though .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12