Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Solo trips in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone done a solo trip to disney for a week or two or would that be a crazy idea?...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Solo trips

Has anyone done a solo trip to disney for a week or two or would that be a crazy idea?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Solo trips

I haven't done it, but a week sounds like a great idea. I'd leave all cell phones and gadgets at home too.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Most I can stomach on any one trip is five days, Sunday through Thursday. Clear out before the locals bombard the place over the weekend.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i would LOVE to go to WDW by myself for a week! I could take my time and do what i wanted to do. i am a photography nut. so i would have a blast too! hm...now you got me thinking...maybe i should try to plan something next year...
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I did five days by myself in Disneyland last September, which was awesome. And I've got 6 days coming up in WDW in May... I actually really enjoy the Solo Trips, although I do miss my husband like crazy when I'm gone.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I haven't done it, but a week sounds like a great idea. I'd leave all cell phones and gadgets at home too.
    Not me! I listen to podcasts and the Audio guides while I'm wandering. I did this for three days in early January when my husband was at a trade show. I spent the days by myself and he joined me for a couple of hours before the parks closed every night. I enjoyed sitting and listening to the podcast about the UK pavilion and the Audio Guide for Liberty Square.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Hadn't thought about the Guide, but just having that time alone to explore with no distractions and no clock would be great.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

I've yet to go solo, but it is on the cards for sometime in 2012. To be honest, me going solo would just mean a few days spent running from Jungle Cruise to Pirates to Mansion and then repeat before heading over to Animal Kingdom...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

I think my positive about going solo would be I get to eat at all the places I want and character meals lol! My negative would be it's really really far away to be alone and would prob be two weeks cos it's to far to go for just one week where I am (Ireland)

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

I go for a week every year during Food and Wine solo and quite often for short trips..

If you start to feel lonely just stop and watch the family having a screaming fit at each other Reminds you that the family trip is not always "golden"

(Of course I also go to Europe solo and lots of other places!)

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder

I would absolutely try a solo trip at least once. Not sure at some point I'd miss not having someone with me to share certain things. But until my wife let's me go while she stays home with the kids, don't think I'll be going solo any time soon.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

scca_disney_fan is offline A-Ticket holder

I did a solo trip last October. It allows you to go through the parks at your own pace. I treated it as a "research" trip. I was able to go through more attractions than when I went with the family last month.

vikstar is offline A-Ticket holder

I did a solo trip in 2009 for 10 days. I didn't want to do less than that as I was coming all the way from England.

I had an amazing time and mostly I just wandered at my own pace taking everything in and doing lots of filming.

If anyone is a bit nervous about going alone, don't worry. I didn't feel out of place on my own and everyone I met was really nice and friendly.

Victoria

Rtobe is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    I think my positive about going solo would be I get to eat at all the places I want and character meals lol! My negative would be it's really really far away to be alone and would prob be two weeks cos it's to far to go for just one week where I am (Ireland)
    Since you are coming from so far, what about splitting the trip, part WDW, part Florida beach or something? Sometimes the change of scenery makes up for the being alone. As far as the being alone part, perhaps you could meet up with other folks on the board who will be there the same time for a meal or fireworks. A tour can be a way to meet people as well.

the two weeks at Disney ain't the problem it's the going solo lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast