Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Memories vs. Magic Your Way in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok so... I've booked it and still don't know so I figured I'd post it out here. For the past however many years when I've booked a package it's been ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Memories vs. Magic Your Way

Ok so... I've booked it and still don't know so I figured I'd post it out here. For the past however many years when I've booked a package it's been called (as we all know) the "Magic Your Way Package". Now, this new thing I've booked for September is called the "Memories Package". I know there has got to be some differences but I've no idea what they are. I think there was something about a free photo album? Anyway... just curious if anyone knows (because I'm too crazed to research it myself). LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Memories vs. Magic Your Way

Well, Magic Your Way is still the name of the tickets. When they first came out with them, the packages were also called that because it was a way you could customize your package.

Now they add all sorts of other things like arcade cards, spa discounts, etc., and the "theme" for the next couple years seem centered around "Memories", so they've named the packages as such as well.

I think it is just a name change in general.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Oh yes that much I know but it just feels like in the past, with each name change has come new package contents.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Oh yes that much I know but it just feels like in the past, with each name change has come new package contents.
    Well, the web site still calls them "Magic Your Way", and doesn't mention anything about (for lack of a better term) throw-ins - but I don't think they ever did (beyond the "gift card" rebate-style offers).
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

from what I've been seeing, it's a photopass photo album that you are paying for that costs around $110.
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

newarknut is offline A-Ticket holder

You buy the Memories package in order to receive the free dining. It's a small price to pay in my book : )

FYI, I did see the web site call it a "Memories" package in reference to the Free Dining offer...
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    FYI, I did see the web site call it a "Memories" package in reference to the Free Dining offer...
    Yes, in order to get Free Dining you are booking the "new" memories package. Hence my wondering what was so new about it. I went in and found that yes you get a photo album and that's pretty much the only difference (aside from the obvious temporary free dining offer). Thanks everyone!