Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss How young is too young for a Disney trip? in the Vacation Planning forums; Every child is different, but we started going when our two oldest were 2 and 4. It was funny to see our daughter bite Minnie's nose. Our daughter doesn't remember ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: How young is too young for a Disney trip?

Every child is different, but we started going when our two oldest were 2 and 4. It was funny to see our daughter bite Minnie's nose. Our daughter doesn't remember everything from that trip. But, we do have lots of pictures to jog her memory! Plus, it was the perfect age for our four year old to start his Disney memories.

So, I guess my answer will be age 2 years and 11 months.

REASONS:
    They have an understanding of how to behave. So, they can be patient when waiting in line for Dumbo.
    They will remember the trip.
    They are still in fantasyland in their mind to believe it really is Mickey and Minnie.
    They are potty-trained. So, it makes touring the parks easier without having to wait for an empty changing table or walk to the front of the park for the Baby Care Center.
    They can eat regular food and are FREE at the buffets!
    My last and biggest reason . . . their ticket is FREE!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Tripking View Post
    Hi Everyone - Apologies if this has been discussed before...

I've been wondering, how old is old enough to bring a child on his first Disney trip?

I'm sure my son is too young now, but I'm really looking forward to sharing the Disney magic with him in the future.

Thanks!
    How old is your son????????
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Tripking is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    How old is your son????????
    My son is only 7 months right now... I'm sure it'll be quite awhile before we get to take a Disney trip but I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the great advice everyone, it's given me lots to consider.
    Last edited by Tripking; 07-19-2011 at 04:18 PM.

dotheimpossible is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm beginning to plan a trip for my wife and I, my brother and sister-in-law, and our nephew.

Everyone keeps saying we need to wait until he's 3 (mostly, my wife), but I'm not convinced. Like an earlier post suggested, I'm pushing for 2 years and 11 months (at the latest).

Other than free admission to the parks, is there any advantage to going before my nephew turns 3?

Thanks for your help!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by dotheimpossible View Post
    Other than free admission to the parks, is there any advantage to going before my nephew turns 3?
    I'm assuming you mean other than the "so you have memories of taking him when he was 2" type answer.

They also don't count as another "person" in a resort room. So like for example... the value resorts you can't have more than 4 people on a reservation per room, unless the 5th is an infant.

Check this site: Traveling with Little Ones | In-Depth Planning Topics | Walt Disney World Resort
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12