Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss OMIGOSH --- changing again! :) in the Vacation Planning forums; Well, here we go again! So our oldest, (18) had told me last year if we went to WDW she didn't want to go.... But after we told her we ...
    GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

OMIGOSH --- changing again! :)

Well, here we go again! So our oldest, (18) had told me last year if we went to WDW she didn't want to go.... But after we told her we planned a trip--- guess what? She changed her mind FAST. so now, hopefully we can change to December 17-22, still gonna stay @ ASM. So glad the whole family is going to go now! ( I know, a little sappy, but I'm the Mommy so I get that privilege. ) Having said that, any suggestions for those dates for a fam of 4, one 18 yr old and one 5 yr old?
    "One Mouse, One World"

Re: OMIGOSH --- changing again! :)

Success! We were able to make the changes and add our oldest to our trip. And change dates of our vacay. We lost a day, but it's worth it so that we can all go. Yay!
    "One Mouse, One World"

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyArtMomma View Post
    Well, here we go again! So our oldest, (18) had told me last year if we went to WDW she didn't want to go.... But after we told her we planned a trip--- guess what? She changed her mind FAST. so now, hopefully we can change to December 17-22, still gonna stay @ ASM. So glad the whole family is going to go now! ( I know, a little sappy, but I'm the Mommy so I get that privilege. ) Having said that, any suggestions for those dates for a fam of 4, one 18 yr old and one 5 yr old?
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyArtMomma View Post
    Success! We were able to make the changes and add our oldest to our trip. And change dates of our vacay. We lost a day, but it's worth it so that we can all go. Yay!
    Isn't it so very strange how an 18-year-old would change her mind about a Disney trip just like that?

Anyway, so glad you were able to make the changes and that you're all able to go now!

BTW...
    Sorry, but you mommy-types don't have the market cornered on the sappy. Us daddy-types feel it A LOT more often than it shows...
    I was not able to go down to the coast with DW and our 3 kiddos last week due to work, but they made sure they sent me plenty of pics. I grabbed my phone outta' my pocket when I was walkin' outta' one of my jobs after closin' late one night to find a pic of them sitting around a picture of mickey they had made in the sand with "We love you daddy!" etched in the sand below it...luckily no one else was around to see me get a bit misty...!
    Last edited by Dizisit; 07-17-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

OK, OK, I guess Daddy's DO get to be all sappy, too.
    "One Mouse, One World"

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Thanks! It just seems we have to be a little more careful about when and where the sap flows...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The one thing I think I'd suggest is to give the 18yr old some space. When my DD was 16 and other one was 20 and pushing real close to 21, if he wanted to sleep, we went on with our plans and left him. He'd catch up. I'd also excuse the 18 yr old from some of the 5 year old type attractions and let her wander on her own if she wishes. You don't need the eye rolls.

Who knows maybe she'll enjoy touring the 5 yr old around if it happens to be her idea???
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The one thing I think I'd suggest is to give the 18yr old some space. When my DD was 16 and other one was 20 and pushing real close to 21, if he wanted to sleep, we went on with our plans and left him. He'd catch up. I'd also excuse the 18 yr old from some of the 5 year old type attractions and let her wander on her own if she wishes. You don't need the eye rolls.

Who knows maybe she'll enjoy touring the 5 yr old around if it happens to be her idea???
    Good advice HauntedGabe! I don't think we'll have too much of an issue. Little bit LOVES her big sister; though, so Big Sis is defiantly going to need a little space at some point.
    "One Mouse, One World"

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Isn't it so very strange how an 18-year-old would change her mind about a Disney trip just like that?

Anyway, so glad you were able to make the changes and that you're all able to go now!

BTW...
    Sorry, but you mommy-types don't have the market cornered on the sappy. Us daddy-types feel it A LOT more often than it shows...
    I was not able to go down to the coast with DW and our 3 kiddos last week due to work, but they made sure they sent me plenty of pics. I grabbed my phone outta' my pocket when I was walkin' outta' one of my jobs after closin' late one night to find a pic of them sitting around a picture of mickey they had made in the sand with "We love you daddy!" etched in the sand below it...luckily no one else was around to see me get a bit misty...!
    that's soooo sweet!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048