Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss WDW Solo in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok all, just finished reading the article on doing disney solo and I'm thinking about doing it. Everytime I've ever gone I've been with somebody and would really like to ...
    vypeman is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Solo

Ok all, just finished reading the article on doing disney solo and I'm thinking about doing it. Everytime I've ever gone I've been with somebody and would really like to be able to go and just do what I want to do without having to worry about anybody else. I'm just wondering how many of you have taken solo trips and what would be some good advice for doing it. I already know I'll have to just **** it up and eat by myself since I hate doing it but I think that won't be much of a problem.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: WDW Solo

I did it and enjoyed myself. I always found people to talk to in line. I took advantage of the single rider when available. I even ate at Germany and Japan where I was seated with other groups.

The only part that was weird was walking back to my hotel room late by myself and I didn't like that either when my DD and I did a trip, creepity late at night for girls, no issues, just something I don't normally do.

I'd do it again.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'd love to try a solo trip

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I just don't know if my kids would ever forgive me

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I'd love to try a solo trip
    I took my DS down for his 2007 fall college program, we went down a few days early. Then I stayed put at POR. Wandered around a few days before I came home. He didn't have time for me once he was inducted which was fine, I was having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I just don't know if my kids would ever forgive me
    My DD was jealous but it was the first day of school when we left. I ripped my kids out of school frequently for WDW without blinking but not the first week. Another time my sister took the kids to SanDiego and my husband and I jumped on a plane and went to WDW without them. The kids had a great time in Cali but boy they were jealous when they found out. lol.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've done it about four or five times already and I love it. I even visited Disneyland solo while on business in Los Angeles and Disneyland Paris while visiting my in-laws in England. Took the local train to the EuroStar and made my way over to DLP.

I love solo trips. I'm not much one for planning, so I am totally on my own schedule. You eat when and where you want, shop when you feel like it, watch a parade or don't (usually don't), etc. The only person who is tired in the group is you. So you sit and relax on your own time.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Have only gone with my wife and kids. But I'd love to just go solo and go at my own pace.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

GoofyRulez is offline D-Ticket Holder

I have done WDW 5 or 6 times solo. If you have the chance...do it. It can't be beat. You really get to enjoy so much more.
    Goofy Rulez

D23 Member Since September 2010

Walt Disney's
    Carolwood Pacific Railroad
    Member Since March 2011

June,1978-First Time-Off Property
    April,1994-My 24th Birthday-1 Day Trip
    Nov,1995-1 Day trip
    Aug,1997-1 Day Trip
    Sept,1998-Our Disneymoon-All Star Music
    June,2003-1 Day Trip
    Aug,2010-Caribbean Beach Resort
    Aug,2012-All Star Movie

Exactly! I was looking forward to a solo trip this year, but things changed around and now I've got three in the group instead of one. Oh well... better luck next year
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

When dining solo, pick somewhere YOU want to eat, I chose to eat/sit at places with views - Flame Tree down by the water, outside at Tangerine Cafe while listening to Mo Rockin'. I used this as great relaxation time and often used meal times to call home and talk to my family.
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

If I feel like carrying a small backpack (and dealing with the lines at bagcheck), sometimes I'll just pack a sandwich and snack. Then sit where ever I am when I get hungry, eat and relax.

vypeman is offline A-Ticket holder

ok, may have to try out a solo trip this spring.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Not for me...the fun and enjoyment comes from who you're with.....it would be like golfing by yourself, getting a hole in one....who's to notice or celebrate....I enjoy my wife being along...even enjoy the grown children when they are able to go...solo...no thanks!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i would love to do a solo trip!!!

i may have to try for something maybe in 2013...since my 2 times down in 2012 (2 times yayayayaya) will be with kayla and my mom again!! as much fun as it is with them, i would love a few days just to wander by myself and look at everything and listen to some wdwradio podcast/audio guides!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I've done a solo trip a couple of times and have mixed feelings. Exploring the parks and resorts at your own pace and inclination is tough to beat. Feel like slowing down and taking lots of pictures? No prob. Feel like getting up a 5:30AM and wandering around the resort or being at a park an hour before rope drop? You won't have to flog your wonderful but sleepy family to get going already. Feel like going on the TTA *again*?? No wry looks to be had .

However, the last couple of hours before hitting the sack felt especially lonely and made me realize how nice it is to enjoy the experience with your loved ones. And there are those shared moments, like grumpy mentioned, that can elevate a trip into something really special.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast