Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Stroller Advice?? in the Vacation Planning forums; My son just turned 5 and is 48 inches tall and I really doubt he'll be doing a whole lot of walking on our next trip to Disney so I ...
    Gatorhead is online now C-Ticket Holder

Stroller Advice??

My son just turned 5 and is 48 inches tall and I really doubt he'll be doing a whole lot of walking on our next trip to Disney so I was wondering if anyone knows of any strollers that would accomodate a child of that height or if the Disney single strollers would be accomodating. A double would be to expensive and out of the question.

Thanks!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Stroller Advice??

My boys were 5 and 6 when we went. I just went to Walmart and bought cheap umbrella strollers. They weren't uncomfortable, it was easy to push. Not sure if that is what you want or not.

Well, buying or bringing a stroller isn't the problem. We still have strollers at home. The problem is that he's considerably outgrown them. In other words his feet will drag the ground in the one's we have now. He's a 5yr old packed in an 8yr olds body. 48 inches tall to be exact.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone knows of any larger type strollers that would accomodate a kid his size or if the Disney one's would be large enough.

To expound on that I have found a couple of stroller rental places in the Orlando area that are much cheaper than the Disney strollers so I'm just trying to find out the style of stroller that would work for him so I can ask the rental place if they actually have it or not.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Do any of the jogging type strollers accomodate a taller kid? I know the stroller was appreciated by my son at 5. While he never used one at home, he got tired at WDW.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    Well, buying or bringing a stroller isn't the problem. We still have strollers at home. The problem is that he's considerably outgrown them. In other words his feet will drag the ground in the one's we have now. He's a 5yr old packed in an 8yr olds body. 48 inches tall to be exact.

What I'm trying to find out is if anyone knows of any larger type strollers that would accomodate a kid his size or if the Disney one's would be large enough.

When my DD was 5, we took her to WDW and just rented their stroller. It was convenient, easy, and not terribly expensive.

However, our friends rented a "running cruiser" when they took their kids and they indicated that was much better. Call around to local sporting goods or check consignment stores for a deal, the "running cruisers" are larger and have an small undercarriage so bag storage is easily accommodated.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    To expound on that I have found a couple of stroller rental places in the Orlando area that are much cheaper than the Disney strollers so I'm just trying to find out the style of stroller that would work for him so I can ask the rental place if they actually have it or not.
    Ask if they have any rentals on larger handicapped style strollers-the mobile ones that disabled kids can use for day trips.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

It has been a while since I payed attention but I know when I rented all the parks had different types of strollers. My one hint is to bring a bandanna or scarf to tie on handle to make yours stand out to you.

And from above post, the medical supply rental might have a larger child stroller, like an umbrella stroller but on steroids, nice because they fold.
    My kids were pretty good by age 5 walking all day, especially at DHS and MK. Epcot was just too much by afternoon and we rented one at the WS back entrance.

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T4...Jojo2AWt78HaCw
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-20-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Don't do it. There are way too many strollers already. if your child gets tired, head back to your hotel. You know your child, but my bet is you'll be tired before they will.

ChicMom is offline A-Ticket holder

I suggest, rent one from Baby Wheels Orlando. We used their strollers every time we visit WDW and they are fantastic. The strollers are sturdy, very clean, safe, easy to fold and most of all, they gave us a discount. My son is 5 and my youngest is 3. So we rented a double strollers. It really helped us in keeping our tots stress-free and they even took naps on their respective strollers. Have Fun!