Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss 4 days at the world 2 not in the parks. in the Vacation Planning forums; My wife and I leave in under 100 days for 4 nights at AKL,on our DVC points, then a 5 night Disney cruise, hopefulyl I'll be able to run into ...
    cunnart is offline A-Ticket holder

4 days at the world 2 not in the parks.

My wife and I leave in under 100 days for 4 nights at AKL,on our DVC points, then a 5 night Disney cruise, hopefulyl I'll be able to run into Lou or some of you fellow fans. However to try to save a little bit of money we are only going to spend two days of the 4 in the park. We are doing MK as my wife said that isn't an option to miss even though I would rather go to the Animal Kingdom. The other park we are hitting is Epcot so we can catch the end of the flower and garden festival since we have never seen it. We are thinking the day we fly in we will spend the day in downtown Disney and have already made reservations to do so. The next day I could use some help for suggestions. We are going mid May so the weather should be nice. We were thinking of touring some of the other resorts to see where we might like to stay in the future. I figure that might take us half a day, one of the possible options we have thought of is mini golf but what are some of your guys cheap ideas? also maybe some options of where to eat. Our meal plan right now is:
    First day: Earl of sandwich
    day two: ?
    day three: plaza restaurant dinner, pecos for lunch.
    day four: le cellier for lunch and probably the fish cart for dinner.
    Thanks for reading and I look forward to your ideas.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: 4 days at the world 2 not in the parks.

Resort hopping is a good idea. If you went over to MK, you could check out all of the monorail resorts as well as boat over to the Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness. The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful to check out and you can ask the front desk for a hidden Mickey sheet if you are into finding them. The Poly is also gorgeours to walk around. You could also take out one of the little Sea Raycer boats onto Bay Lake & the Seven Seas Lagoon.

The resorts behind Epcot are also great to check out & all within walking distance of eachother. The Boardwalk is fun to walk at night and check out the nightlife. There are also boating options over there. Yacht & Beach Club and the Swan & Dolphin are all very pretty too, and Fantasia mini golf is right across the street.

Lots of yummy restaurants scattered between all of these resorts too. Or you can stop for dessert at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club...love that place.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Campbell87 is offline A-Ticket holder

Depending on how many resorts you plan to explore, that could take more than half a day, considering journey time, stopping to stare, browsing gift shops etc, you could fill a day doing just that!

Staying at AKL, you should try Boma, it's one of our favourites for both breakfast and dinner!!
    1999 DLP, 2000 - DLP, 2002 POR, 2004 DLP, 2005 AKL, 2006/07 AKL, 2008 Four points by Sheraton (NON Disney!), 2008 - SSR, 2010 AKL, 2011 Rosen Inn @ Universal, 2012 - AKL

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I think it will take more than half a day to tour all the resorts as well. If you like walking, you can hike around Fort Wilderness as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell87 View Post
    Depending on how many resorts you plan to explore, that could take more than half a day, considering journey time, stopping to stare, browsing gift shops etc, you could fill a day doing just that!

Staying at AKL, you should try Boma, it's one of our favourites for both breakfast and dinner!!
    Thats true I forgot about transport time, especially since if we dont stick to MK or Epcot resorts we would have t ogo back to either the TTC or a resort.
    I like the idea of the boardwalk at night. Maybe we will go check out yee haw bob.

We dropped one more day off the tickets, so our plans are.

Tuesday get to the world by 5pm. check in and then head out to downtown disney. Dinner at earl of sandwich then dessert at Ragglan.
    Day 2 tour some hotels and play some mini golf. Any suggestions of which of the 2 to do? I remember Lou did a review once upon a time. Dinner at sanna and then grab some night vision goggles.
    Day 3 off to epcot to see the flower and garden festival. Tour the festival and have lunch at Le Cellier and dinner at either the fish cart or japan. We aren't planning on attraction but will do some if they work in. We will probably watch the France and China movies as we've never stopped and watched them. We are hoping they are as good as the Canada movie.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Mini golf...? I think the one is called Fantasia gardens... Heard that one is a lot of fun...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland are both fun, but I prefer Fantasia Gardens. My favorite is the Fairways Course at Fantasia Gardens (each venue offers two different courses). It is a bit more difficult than the other ones and more fun for adults to do.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

That's good to know. harder means it will take us longer. Which one do you think is vest themed?