Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss WDW Vacation Price Range?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Alright so as some of you know, I'm only 17 years old and on my way to my senior year of high school. After graduation, me and 3 friends are ...
    egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder

WDW Vacation Price Range??

Alright so as some of you know, I'm only 17 years old and on my way to my senior year of high school. After graduation, me and 3 friends are planning a ridiculous vacation to... where else... WDW. The 3 of them basically depend on me for this entire trip because I know Disney like the back of my hand, except I'm still stuck on one... very important thing. Well we are planning on staying in the All Star Movie resort just because it's the cheapest, obviously. We are planning on going for about 8 nights or something like that. NOW. My question is. CAN anyone think of a good price range for the entire trip? Is $1,000 tooo much? Too little. I have no idea. My parents usually handle these things. haha. Okay maybe I don't know Disney... but whats why I'm asking! ANYONE KNOW?
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Is that $1000 each or $1000 for the whole shebang?
    They call me "Nana"

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    i was planning a week long vacation for my sister and her friends.... three people. I figured it at $1,079 for each person for the whole vacation.... not including souvenir money.

The costs included:
    Airfare (roundtrip from MN)
    Hotel (disney value resort)
    WDW tickets
    Universal Studios tickets
    Transportation (non-Disney transportation)
    Food
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Some numbers to start with - with careful planning & discounts, you can do better than these:
    Airfare from NY: $200-300 round trip depending on date/time/airline

Value rate hotel: $79-99/night + tax, which is 7% sales tax + 13% county resort tax at the All- Stars or 6.5% sales tax + 11.5% county resort tax at Pop Century. Plus there is an additional charge of $10 per night per extra adult over 2 (if there are 4 of you staying in the same room, all adults, the charge is $20 additional per night)

Transportation - free if you use Magical Express & the buses, but you may need to get to/from your NY airport, or figure parking fees.

Tickets: 8 day Magic Your Way base tickets are roughly $216 pp. Park hopping, plus pack, or no expire are extra.

Food/beverage/misc: $30 - 50 per person

Hope this helps!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Wow, all that is definitely more than I was expecting to hear from anyone! I figured like one person would be like "oh... $1000 - $1500." But you guys go all out. Ummm so yeah, we don't plan on taking a car to the parks, because taking the busses is so much fun and ten times easier. Also, we plan on using the Magical Express thing, and all staying in the same room. In terms of souvenir money, I think i pretty much own one of every type of souvenir in stock at WDW... but my friends don't and one of them has never been there! AND we want to plan one really fancy/ semi-expensive dinner. So I'm thinking $1000 per person is a good amount... right?
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Taking the high end of the number I gave you, I came out with $1200 per person for the 8 night stay. You can get by on less, but I've never managed to not go over budget on my trips. Mostly because I like good food and shopping.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Well that sounds reasonable. Thank god i am working two jobs this summer, and throughout the year next year... so I'll be sure to make enough. Does anyone have suggestions for a fancy dinner for the last night? I made a list... but I'm curious to see what you all think!
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    If you had to go on a smaller budget, it is possible. I can normally take my whole family of 6 for around $1,200 or less. The catch is that we don't eat out or buy lots of stuff while we are there. Some would consider this a sacrifice, but we never do.

I think you should consider a road trip instead of flying. If you are looking at doing something memorable with your friends and have some time to spare, take the car instead. Your plane tickets would be between $600-$900 between the three of you. Save some money and see more by hitting the road for one last summer trip before college. Most people fly because of time constraints. If you don't have them, drive instead. There are plenty of things to see and do between New York and Disney World. Do this while you are young and still can!
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by egran125
    Well that sounds reasonable. Thank god i am working two jobs this summer, and throughout the year next year... so I'll be sure to make enough. Does anyone have suggestions for a fancy dinner for the last night? I made a list... but I'm curious to see what you all think!
    Try Ohana at the Poly resort. Awesome food BF and I did it when we went down last NOV and boy we were stuff. The price at the time was $26.99 per person plus tax. It really good it and you get all you can eat and you don't even have to get up. Also try Mama Melrose over at MGM also a great place to eat. Also look try the steakhouse over in Canada I've heard great review about them. Just so you know all of these place are a little pricey but the food is good. If you need addtional suggestion ask I will be gald to help.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Not sure about the whole entire budget, but I think these guys have given you some good info. Don't forget that there are ways to save even more $$ if you think it out. I have heard many rave reviews of the brita water bottles - that way you can refill a bottle instead of spending another $2.50 with each one.
    I think I read somewhere that they were putting fridge's in the all stars - I may be wrong, but you might want to check into that. A way to save on some snacks or breakfast items. Also, when eating at the food courts at your resort - I found the the kids' meals had plenty of food on them and they cost less. But I don't think you can order these at a sit down place.

As for your last night, fabulous dinner plans.....I LOVED the Whispering Canyon Cafe at The Wilderness Lodge. That would give you a chance to have fun, eat good food and check out a new resort! Just a suggestion....Boma is interesting if you don't have picky eaters and of course - Ohana would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    If you had to go on a smaller budget, it is possible. I can normally take my whole family of 6 for around $1,200 or less. The catch is that we don't eat out or buy lots of stuff while we are there. Some would consider this a sacrifice, but we never do.

I think you should consider a road trip instead of flying. If you are looking at doing something memorable with your friends and have some time to spare, take the car instead. Your plane tickets would be between $600-$900 between the three of you. Save some money and see more by hitting the road for one last summer trip before college. Most people fly because of time constraints. If you don't have them, drive instead. There are plenty of things to see and do between New York and Disney World. Do this while you are young and still can!

First of all can I just say that everyone that replied to this... in the detail that you did... are officially my best friends. Haha. I love how awesome you guys are, and how helpful. Speaking of the road trip idea, I forgot to mention how one of the girls who would be coming with us... her mom is a flight attendant for Continental, so she can get a huge discount for our airfare... she said it would be like $100-$200 each... roundtrip. That is an amazing help. Plus, we all live in New York, and most of us have just gotten our license, (I got mine today ACTUALLY), and a road trip is scary. haha. Even though it'd be fun. I doubt our moms would go for that also haha. But yeah, your ideas for saving money are ridiculous too, so many things i'd never thought of. AAAND I have eaten at Ohana, many times, and definitely never even thought of it. They give you so much food! Thats definitely an amaazing option. The rest sound perfect too. oh man. i can't handle this. i want to go right nowwwwwwww. THANKS though for all the help, any other ideas are gladly welcomed haha!
    ./.// / Eric /. / /