Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss First Christmastime Trip Questions in the Vacation Planning forums; Howdy all! My wife and I are planning our first Christmastime trip, and we're starting to worry we don't have enough nights for all the things we want to do ...
    AdamV is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile First Christmastime Trip Questions

Howdy all!

My wife and I are planning our first Christmastime trip, and we're starting to worry we don't have enough nights for all the things we want to do and see! So I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1: Does the Magic, Memories and You show go on during the Very Merry Christmas Party? We're planning on going to the party on the 6th, but we weren't sure whether we'd need to also go a different night just to see that show. TouringPlans is showing heavy traffic in Magic Kingdom on all the non-party days during our stay.

2: Is the Fantasmic dinner package a good idea? If we can probably walk right into a Fantasmic showing without needing the package tickets, we might skip it.

3: When's the best time of day to see the Osborne Family lights? When does it start and end each day?

4: When will they announce the speakers for the Candlelight Processional? (My wife is hoping Neil Patrick Harris comes back again!)

5: Are there any other Christmas-specific things that are really can't-miss? We want to take some time away from the parks to go see some of the decorations at the resorts, so if there's something that you think we have to see, please let me know!

Thanks so much! I'll post more questions if I remember them.
    1990-offsite | 2008-Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!) | 2009-Port Orleans French Quarter | 2010-Disneyland | 2011-D23 Expo | 2011 - Wilderness Lodge | 2012 - Pop Century

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: First Christmastime Trip Questions

Hi Adam.

I know you will enjoy your first visit to the "World" during the holidays. The Osborne Lights are nighty from 6-8pm and a must see. They dance to the music every 15 minutes and it is fantastic!

Probably by July they will announce the celebrity narrators, but Disney does revised the schedule throughout the Summer/early Fall. Each one usually performs three shows a night for a three day period starting after Thanksgiving.

A popular resort to visit is the Grand Floridian to see the Ginger Bread House and tree in the main lobby.

The Magic, Memories and You did play during the party last year so I assume it would again this year, unless they discontinue it for some reason.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    I know you will enjoy your first visit to the "World" during the holidays. The Osborne Lights are nighty from 6-8pm and a must see. They dance to the music every 15 minutes and it is fantastic!
    I thought they were pretty much on until park close. I remember being there until late in the evening and the lights weren't off, and they kept dancing as well. In the winter, the park is only open until 9pm so they can get in two Fantasmic shows. They need to have the lights up for the guests who aren't seeing the 8pm show.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

mike, the last times i was there they were on till closing... i do not understand why they would change it... i would think it would stay that way...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yes the lights to due remain on until closing, but typically that park does close by 8pm in the winter months (excludes the Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks). There was a reference to the 6th in the question so I assumed around the first week of December when answering, which usually has a closing time of 8pm. Always good to clarify, though! Thanks.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm really hoping that we get to see the Osborne Lights when we're there in November. We're literally there for the first three days of the Christmas season (have just about squeezed in MVMCP before we come home), but would love to see the lights if at all possible. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon