Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Just FYI on dining walk ups in the Vacation Planning forums; Just thought I'd take a moment and complain about something. When I planned our anniversary trip for just the two of us, I made two dining reservations. One was at ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Just FYI on dining walk ups

Just thought I'd take a moment and complain about something. When I planned our anniversary trip for just the two of us, I made two dining reservations. One was at 'Ohana the night we arrived on property and the second was for CRT on our anniversary day. We agreed to fly by the seat of our pants and eat where ever we felt we wanted to. On our last trip to WDW, the wife and I went to AK which is not my favorite park at all. We were there early to take advantage of the EMH and decided to grab breakfast at Tusker House, which IS one of my favorite places to eat. So we walked up to the counter and asked for a table for two. No kids, no real need to see the characters. We just wanted to eat. We were turned away because they were taking reservations only and couldn't accomodate any walk ups until dinner. I didn't want dinner. I wanted breakfast.

I've never had an issue with making reservations for our family since there are five of us, but two people can't be seated at a buffet? Seriously???
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Just FYI on dining walk ups

We had a few ADR's the week before you and did some walk ups. We were seated almost immediately at dinner time in Japan.

Via Napoli we had ADR's and we waited the longest amount of time there. It was strange because the resturant was at least 1/3 empty, if not more. When seated, I noticed the resturant didn't reach capacity while we were there however the ADR waiting crowd did increase. My guess, their kitchen can't keep up with a full capacity.

At Boma, we waited longer for a table of two than larger groups. It is an open room so we could see they were placing the large groups first and then filling in spots with the left over groups of two. We saw the same thing happen at Kona.

Via Napoli was by far the hardest place for us to get into. ADR's were only available at 8:30pm and it wasn't even a busy time for the World.

I believe this is the only time we have visited the world and not character dined. Didn't miss it. Boma was the only Buffet, I wasn't as thrilled this time and our server, well he wasn't good.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

So, I'm not the only one who has had issues with Boma? When we went, we could see empty tables all over, yet still waited for almost 2 hours past our ADR time (we were there 30 min early, too!). Our server ignored us most of the evening. The bus boy actually got us drink refills (twice). When we got our bill, our server had circled the part on the receipt saying that tips were not included in the dining plan...
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Sounds like a labor model issue at Boma. Too few staff on hand for the number of guests / customers. Probably seemed like a good idea to someone trying to save on labor costs, but killed the Disney experience in the process.