Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss What happens if you miss the 45 day deadline? in the Vacation Planning forums; What happens if you don't pay off your trip 45 days prior to arrival? Does Disney refund you your money or do they hold your reservation for 10 more days ...
    disneygirl23 is offline A-Ticket holder

What happens if you miss the 45 day deadline?

What happens if you don't pay off your trip 45 days prior to arrival? Does Disney refund you your money or do they hold your reservation for 10 more days and penalize you? I asked the girl when I made my reservations and she said she was new and wasn't sure. She sent me to her supervisor and he said yes. When I asked yes to which choice he just said yes again. LOL. I thought maybe someone on here might know.

Tammy

PS I will have my trip payed off but I just want to know.
    Wished on a magic star and woke up in sunny Disney . Ate a poison apple and ended up back in snowy Ohio . Go figure!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    As far as I know, you get some sort of fine. I could be wrong. I've just never messed with the deadline. I just pai my trip off an entire month early.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I only put 200.00 down, and I pay the rest when I arrive that morning. I have never had a fine or anything like that. You should call them again, and double check on that.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I just got back from my honeymoon and the only deposit I had to make in advance was one night... The rest of the balance was due on arrival...

dopeydonnie is offline A-Ticket holder
    We are doing the special package deal for September and had to have a certain amount down by a certain date and the rest paid off within a timeframe after that. We asked what if we don't have it all paid by then...we will be short about $100 bucks till about 5 days later(budgeting). The woman we spoke to said not to worry too much that they will send you a letter to remind you and probably give you a phone call also and that by the time we got the letter or call it will already be taken care of.

Pretty much--if you have the MAJORITY paid off they dont fuss alot. Now mind you that is for the special package. When we origianally booked it was for hotel only and we had to pay the 1st night at booking and the rest by arrival.
    So I guess for different things there are different rules. Call back and ask again. If you can't pay it all by their due date let them know in advance so they know what to expect. (We are tight with funds too so know how ya feel)

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    That's weird. I'm going in September on the special package too, but when I originally booked the trip, I had to send them $200 within two weeks. $200 is more than one night's stay.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    The rules are as follows:

If you book ROOM ONLY a deposit equal to one night's stay is due within 10 days of booking. Balance due upon arrival.

If you book a PACKAGE of any type, $200 is due on booking. Balance due 45 days prior to arrival.
    They call me "Nana"