Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss tell me about going with a toddler in the Vacation Planning forums; I posted below that I'm taking my dance team next March. I'm trying to talk my husband into going as well with what will be our 2.5 year old at ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

tell me about going with a toddler

I posted below that I'm taking my dance team next March.

I'm trying to talk my husband into going as well with what will be our 2.5 year old at the time. We will probably talk my sister or parents into going to help with her as there will be many times I'm dealing with my team and can't help him.

Should we take our own stoller? Rent one there? She's pretty go with the flow about things so I'm not too stressed out about naps etc.

Other pointers tips?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: tell me about going with a toddler

Patience, Patience, Patience

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I took my kids from 14 months and 2 months of age and we went annually and my kids are 5 years apart in age. They were go with the flow kids too. There is so much to do with a toddler if you don't fret about what you can't do because of their age and size. DH would likely be just fine on his own when need be unless you want him to be with you for the dance commitment times.

Strollers are very different than the $5-$6 dollar strollers of my children's youth. Rentals are pricey. If the current price is OK with you I'd say rent one, it is a pain on resort transportation or trams. We always rented them however we also brought a cheap umbrella one with also for around the resort and for DTD.
    Note: We often took the umbrella stroller with us from POR, (as the resort is huge) to the parks and handed off our umbrella one to the rental area. I liked the full sized stroller for the day and they just held the umbrella while we toured the park.

Baby centers are very nice for changing baby or if you are training at that point, mini facilites, just their size.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HilliarySanders is offline A-Ticket holder

We have taken our son twice now, and he just turned 2 in March. I personally wasn't that stressed about taking him. I agree, the child care stations were a great place to "take care of business". If your toddler is like mine and almost every other toddler, the car typically puts them to sleep. This past May, the monorail was my car. Late night at MK, our son was over the day, while the rest of the group held our spot waiting for the electrical parade, I jumped on the monorail, ran the resort loop about 4 times....he was out. I was asked a few times by the cast members if I was getting off / ok, but once they figured out what I was doing, I received thumbs up at each stop. We also rode the TTA a few times back to back...perfect for snack time.
    - 1984, My 1st Visit - 1986 (off) - 1987 (off) - 1989, Contemporary - 1991, Disney Inn - 1995 (off) - 1998 (off) - 1999, ASSports - 2000x2, ASMusic & POFQ - 2002, ASMovies - 2005, POP 90's - 2006 (off) - 2007 (off) - 2009, Bonnett Creek - 2011, POP 70's Our Son's 1st Visit for His 1st Birthday! - 2012 (off) - Upcoming, Christmas 2012, POP!!