Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Need some advice (HELP)! in the Vacation Planning forums; I'll be in Orlando this week (6-10 June) for a convention at the Sea World Renaisannce. Originally my wife and daughter were coming along but now they're staying home. They ...
    Talon_32566 is offline A-Ticket holder

Need some advice (HELP)!

I'll be in Orlando this week (6-10 June) for a convention at the Sea World Renaisannce. Originally my wife and daughter were coming along but now they're staying home. They were going to hit Sea World while I was at the convention and we'd spend the evenings together with at least one trip to Disney.

Now that it's just me I'm contemplating my options. Seaworld is out, they close at 7p and I don't believe it'd be worth the price of a ticket for just a few hours in the park. I'd like to go to Disney, but again, I don't want to pay for a basic ticket and be stuck in one park. If I went I'd get a hopper, start at Hollywood Studios for a bit of Star Wars Weekend, then to EPCOT to check out Katsura Grill and shop. Then over to Magic Kingdom to finish out the night with at least a ride on Big Thuder to see it after the recent refurb.

My question, do you think I could realistically accomplish the Disney visit on a one day Hopper? Or should I just supress my urges and waiti until our next family visit?

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Need some advice (HELP)!

I'm not sure about this, but WDW might have a discounted evening ticket. Disneyland does but I'm not positive about WDW. Downtown Disney might suffice for an on-property Disney fix.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I can be wrong, but I believe the after 4pm is just for Florida residents and thinking that is for Epcot only.
    Like a super-limited annual pass type thing meant to encourage locals to dine at Epcot. I'll double check the options tomorrow.

Me, I'd go to WDW! If you normally buy lets say for example a 7 day park hopper for your family trips, I would suggest buying the non expiring one for 8 days. You'll have your tickets/days covered for your next family trip. A win-win.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    If you normally buy lets say for example a 7 day park hopper for your family trips, I would suggest buying the non expiring one for 8 days. You'll have your tickets/days covered for your next family trip. A win-win.
    Now THAT'S a winner
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_32566 View Post
    My question, do you think I could realistically accomplish the Disney visit on a one day Hopper? Or should I just supress my urges and waiti until our next family visit?
    Especially solo, it is DEFINITELY possible to hit all four parks one one visit. I'm able to visit them all in one day with my wife sometimes, though it's easier when I visit on my own. But even still, I visit WDW once a year and each time, we only spend one day at the parks. The rest is for exploring elsewhere. My ten-day tickets literally last me ten years. So the above post makes some sense. Plus, you might even save a small bit on next year's price increase.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I can be wrong, but I believe the after 4pm is just for Florida residents and thinking that is for Epcot only.
    Like a super-limited annual pass type thing meant to encourage locals to dine at Epcot. I'll double check the options tomorrow.
    OK, I did catch up with the kid, sorry but there are not after 4pm options to hop. The only after 4pm option is the version above for Florida Residents at Epcot.

TTC often advises guests arriving late and believing there is a late entry admission price to view Wishes or Illuminations to see a chunk of them from a nearby resort or boat docks.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.