Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Should I get my friend a first visit button? in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, this may seem like a really obvious answer, but I felt the need to ask. I will be visiting WDW in July/August and am taking a friend with me ...
    MedTG is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Should I get my friend a first visit button?

Ok, this may seem like a really obvious answer, but I felt the need to ask. I will be visiting WDW in July/August and am taking a friend with me who has only visited once for a few days when he was in 5th grade (we are both 26 now). As someone who is an annual pass holder has been to WDW well into the double digits, I am super excited to sort of reintroduce him to WDW, as he very vaguely remembers the trip. Plus Animal Kingdom was not open on his first trip, along with many other attractions.

I want to do everything I can to make the trip memorable and magical for him. Maybe this seems really illogical, but I got to thinking about how much I love saying Happy Birthday to people wearing birthday buttons and congratulations to those with happily ever after buttons. I was wondering if I should get him a "1st visit" button. My reasoning is that since he barely remembers the first trip, it is in a sort of "Tim Foster go with me here" way his first visit. However, I do not want to be disrespectful to the spirit of the free buttons, and of course those people who have literally never been to WDW.

So, what do you guys think? Also, any other ideas on making the trip special would be appreciated!

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Should I get my friend a first visit button?

if he want's it.

MDDisneyFans is offline A-Ticket holder

I think so! Honestly, if you explained that to them at the counter I can't imagine they'd say no! Disney is all about giving people a great experience. My wife and I just went in June and they gave us two sets of buttons, one that said "Happy Anniversary" and another that said "Happily Ever After..." and they said to take them both. We had the happy anniversary ones from the year before so we didnt take them, but it goes to show how flexible they are. Enjoy your trip!

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Yes, last time I went (June) there was a big box of assorted buttons next to package pickup on main street. Our family got for "I'm celebrating" buttons.

MedTG is offline A-Ticket holder

I am definitely leaning heavily toward yes. I just wanted to be sure that it was not one of those unspoken things that, while they will give one, people just do not do it unless it is your absolute first visit.

It is pretty legit though. My friend was there in 1997, so Animal Kingdom was not even there yet. I have been having fun sort of reminiscing on WDW back then. No Buzz Lightyer, Rock and Roller Coaster, Winnie the Pooh, Soarin', Test Track, etc. However, Horizons was still there, as were so many other things. It is crazy to think how much has been added/altered in that time.