Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Too old to dress up? There is an alternative... in the Vacation Planning forums; As I plan my first trip to Walt Disney World for summer of 2013 (eep!), I was a bit bummed to learn that I"m too old to dress up, but ...
    KingdomKeyblade is offline A-Ticket holder

Lightbulb Too old to dress up? There is an alternative...

As I plan my first trip to Walt Disney World for summer of 2013 (eep!), I was a bit bummed to learn that I"m too old to dress up, but not entirely surprised. I was out for a fancy occasion a while back, all dressed up nicely, and while waiting for someone whom I wanted to talk to to finish at the bar, I was asked if I wanted anything. I'M 17 (going to be 18 when I go to WDW). While the only princess with my hair color is Belle, and I have no interest in being her, I understand the rule.
    But did I give up? No, no, no...
    As a long-standing member of the cosplay fan community, I have become familiar with the concept of "casual cosplays"; an outfit the character would wear on their day off, or normal clothes which slightly resemble the costume. This is my plan. For example, on a day when I want to be Ariel, I would wear a purple top and a long green skirt with a lighter green fringe and green shoes. To be Aurora, a pink t-shirt and a long pink skirt. For Fawn from Disney Fairies, orange wrap top, capris and shoes, and my hair in a braid. For Kiara, a yellow tank top and yellow shorts, with my hair pulled up into two small buns to look like lion ears. Fun and permitted!
    What do you guys think? Who would you be, and what would your "casual" outfit look like?
    Icon courtesy of Sborny on deviantArt.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Too old to dress up? There is an alternative...

it's a good plan. but i don't want to dress up for it's to hard to do all that. and i have not seen you before so

Thanks! And I like planning outfits and dressing up, so it's all gonna be fun for me!

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

I love your creatiive ideas! I'm pretty old, and I still love costumes. Halloween is my favorite holiday for that reason! Keep us updated, and post pics if you can.
    As for your question, who would you be and what would the casual outfir look like. That's a tough one for me, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Have fun!

"One Mouse, One World"

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyArtMomma View Post
    I love your creatiive ideas! I'm pretty old, and I still love costumes. Halloween is my favorite holiday for that reason! Keep us updated, and post pics if you can.
    As for your question, who would you be and what would the casual outfir look like. That's a tough one for me, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Have fun!

Thanks! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
    I will be keeping you guys updated (though I may make a new thread), and there will be pics!