Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Regular Military Discounts? in the Vacation Planning forums; As there hasn't been any news whether Disney will bring back the Salute The Troops military discount for 2013, I was wondering if you know what regular, available 365 days ...
    magicalmoments is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Regular Military Discounts?

As there hasn't been any news whether Disney will bring back the Salute The Troops military discount for 2013, I was wondering if you know what regular, available 365 days a year, discounts are available?

I know SOG is year round but I'm wondering about the Disney hotels and ticket discounts.
    My BIL leaves in August for boot camp (army) and we are planning to go to WDW next year sometime late August, early September.

SOG has great deals and amenities but it isn't Disney for me and I would love to stay in one of the Disney owned properties. Partly for the whole immersive experience but also because we want to use the DDP.

Thank you!

magicalmoments is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Regular Military Discounts?

Bumping up. Hopefully someone has some knowledge of this!

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Regular Military Discounts?

I'll preface all of this by saying that I'm not 100% accurate on this.

I have a brother-in-law in the military who is talking about going to Disney in a few months before he gets stationed. He was saying before boot camp that the military discounts on tickets were really good, but when I did an online search I found military tickets were priced only $4 cheaper than normal tickets, per person. I don't remember where I saw this, or if it was even accurate; my brother in law isn't exactly a Disney nut either, so I don't know what he considers a "good" price.

In all my time of being a FL resident/annual passholder (25 and 9 years respectively), I've never seen military exclusive room discounts until this year. They have a current deal of 40% off a room for military; by comparison the FL resident / AP discount for the same time frame is "up to 35% off".