Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Resort for Christmas?? in the Vacation Planning forums; So while my wife and I are going to WDW in September of this year and staying at the Poly, we also are planning a trip for December 2013, which ...
    GizmoDuck is offline A-Ticket holder

Resort for Christmas??

So while my wife and I are going to WDW in September of this year and staying at the Poly, we also are planning a trip for December 2013, which will be our first WDW Christmas experience. I've heard so many wonderful things about Disney at Christmas time and I really want to optimize the experience, so that will include staying at the best resort possible for full out Christmas immersion.

We had discussed the princess rooms at Port Orleans Riverside, but I also was considering Wilderness Lodge. Any thoughts from fellow fanatics regarding which resort is the best at Christmas?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Resort for Christmas??

There cannot be a bigger fan of POR than me but I am one of the few that doesn't understand how turning very elegant rooms into the Princess rooms at POR. I've stayed at POR over Christmas and the main building has been decorated very nicely and tactful. It did bring in the Christmas spirit.

We ate at Wilderness over Christmas, that was one of the warmest Christmas feeling to be had over our vacation. I also liked how the Beach Club did theirs but Wilderness was tops for me.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

No one quite does Christmas like Wilderness Lodge. I never stay anywhere BUT there over the holidays. Don't give me that nonsense about the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridan. It's there. Whatever. It's a store, when it comes right down to it. And it's tucked over on the side behind the tree. Then again, that hotel was never my style anyway.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I agree Mike... I set my parents up there this holiday season... I wanted to send them to the perfect christmas resort in WDW... Wilderness is that place...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

GizmoDuck is offline A-Ticket holder

I guess it's settled then! Wilderness Lodge it is!

I know you'll enjoy it. The decorations, the firplace, the perfect instrumental holiday music, the sleigh ride, it's Christmas and then some.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

If you have time try to visit the other resorts and look at the different decorations.

I usually try to do that. Swan, Dophin, Polynesian, Saratoga, and Caribbean Beach are usually disappointing. Boardwalk is normally done up nicely. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the new Animation hotel.

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I love Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge at Christmas time. They both have incredible trees and decorations. But most of all, both resorts have a very warm feeling that is amplified during Christmas.