Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Vacation planning for 2006 in the Vacation Planning forums; If you had to choose between President's Week (February 2006) or the last week of June....what would you choose? This is the only time I can possibly take my nieces....
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Vacation planning for 2006

If you had to choose between President's Week (February 2006) or the last week of June....what would you choose? This is the only time I can possibly take my nieces.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Hands down February....Better weather.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    February. The parks are packed during the summer and the humidity in Florida in June is miserable!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by devkxl
    If you had to choose between President's Week (February 2006) or the last week of June....what would you choose? This is the only time I can possibly take my nieces.
    The best places are probably already taken for February 2006, and air fare will be very $$$.

So even thought it will be hotter, I would say June. My brother just took his kids there this past JUne and survived
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    It depends on whether you mind the heat or not and Florida in June is pretty toasty. I would go in Feb vs June hands down jus for comfort sake.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I would say Feb myself if I had to choose just one.

gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Being a native Floridian and living about two hours from Orlando, I say February is the better bet. The weather in north central Florida is brutal during the months of June and July. Not only is it hot, it rains almost every day. And if you're lucky, you won't be struck by a hurricane . I say February and just start looking for hotels and airfares. I'm sure you'll find some good deals. Good luck and keep us updated on your final choice

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would go with Feb, hands down. That week there is some pick up in attendence but nothing near the amount of people during the summer. ALso the weather rocks during feb. The only real trade off is the parks are not open as later in the night, but u dont need them to be open since there are less people and u can ride and see what you wanna see.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    FEBRUARY!!! I went in early february this year and it was great! Got a little chilly at night and MK was crowded on Sunday. But other than that, it was a perfect trip. Get your rooms NOW!

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Feb. agian hands down just like eveyone else has said. Your talking way less people and that means shorter ride lines and that means more fun.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Wow! Planning already? Now that's organisation! But seriously, I would have to agree with everyone about the time to visit, you don't want to run head-first into huge crowds early in the day.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    We went for two weeks this past February and loved it. There were a couple of very cold days, but all in all it was in the 70's and perfect. I don't think you absolutely need to rush out and make reservations. I don't think the hotels ever fill up during that time of the year. We rented a house about two weeks before we went and got a great deal because there were tons of places that were empty.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I'd pick Feb. This last year, I was there in both early Feb. and in June-low crowds in Feb, and although the weather is iffy, I prefer that to the 100 degree heat. And can't beat the no to low wait on rides!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!