Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss First time staying offsite..Scared...very very scared! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey Gang- After a 3 year hiatus, we were able to secure a last minute trip this Dec 1-8. Part of how this all went down is a friend sold ...
    RMoneyTheHBomb is offline A-Ticket holder

First time staying offsite..Scared...very very scared!

Hey Gang-

After a 3 year hiatus, we were able to secure a last minute trip this Dec 1-8.
    Part of how this all went down is a friend sold us their timeshare week for cheap.
    We will be staying at Calypso Cay. Does anyone have any experience with that place?

My biggest concern is that their shuttle "service" leaves @ 855a & drops off @ Epcot only.
    I know that I can monorail it to TTC to get elsewhere, but do they have other park busses @ Epcot as well?

Trying to keep this trip as low a cost as possble, but I'm wondering if we should rent a car or cab it to Epcot/TTC on DAK day to make sure we can get there early.

Last question for y'all, Can anyone recommend a good affordable airport>timeshare service? There are a lot of options out there and we are kinda overwhelmed. Already miss the perks of staying on property!

Ryan

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Re: First time staying offsite..Scared...very very scared!

There are buses from all parks to other parks. You can't go from one resort to another without going to a park. Of course that doesn't include hotels on the monorail line. I've passed this resort many times, but have no experiece staying there. It's about a 20 min. ride (depending on traffic) from the resort to Epcot. I'm guessing that Epcot is probably the closest park to the resort which is why they only bring guests there. If you rent a car, and are not annual passholders, then you'll be paying for parking each day which would defeat the goal of keeping costs down. How often does the resort pick-up guests to bring them back "home"? Is the resort picking you up at the airport? If you are trying to get to a park as early as possible, then just take the cab to that park and save some time.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.