Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Babies in Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; It looks like when we go we may have a small baby with us (like 7 months old I think) and now everyone is asking me where they should stay, ...
    judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder

Babies in Disney

It looks like when we go we may have a small baby with us (like 7 months old I think) and now everyone is asking me where they should stay, are there places to change him, feed him and if he can go on the rides. can anyone help me out? thanks

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Judy, I'm moving this post to the Vacation Planning Forums for you. I think you'll be able to get a lot of help from our members there.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    Judy - I have traveled many times to the parks with our kids - starting with our oldest one and her first trip when she was 11 months old - all the way to our youngest going for the first time when he was only 2 months old.

We have also gone without the kids...

The big difference is the pace of the day. If you are traveling in the hot summer months, I would suggest staying onsite and taking a long mid-day break to return the the quiet air conditioned relaxing room - maybe even a dip in the pool. This solves two things - gets you out of the sun during the heat of the day, and allows you to relax and re-energize before returning to the park for the evening. It really makes traveling to the parks with young kids a much more enjoyable experience.

As far your other questions... there are places to change/feed the baby.. the parks are very family friendly. And yes, there are many many rides that the little one can go on -- any of the rides without a height restriction - which is a lot.

Have fun - and tell us how the trip went.

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    thanks for all the great tips everybody

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder

Warming Bottles at Disney

Does anyone know if there are places to warm a bottle in any of the parks, I know there is a baby center in MK, I'm assuming they have microwaves there to warm the bottles. I'm not sure about the rest of the parks.

How about the hotels, we are staying at Port Orleans, French Quarter. I forgot to ask when we made the reservation, I will call to ask, but I'm sure I can get a faster, more accurate answer here. I'm mostly worried about the last bottle of the day back at the room. Last time we stayed at the Caribbean Beach (without kids) and there wasn't a microwave in the room. Do they have rooms with them? What time is the food court open until? I figured I can get hot water there to warm the bottle.

Thanks for your help.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    some places will let you have a microwave if you ask ahead and others can give you a coffeemaker- you can make hot water for the bottles with that . Most restaurants will give you hot water to warm the bottles with- we did that at many places .......many many years ago..... my babies are all grown now

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I remember that when we stayed at PO-R we had a coffeemaker in the room... CB had a good idea about using it to heat the bottles (We're going with our 9 mo. old next month... first time with a baby, so it's nice to hear some of these other great ideas!)

See you at the Baby Care Station!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks so much...I knew I would get the answers I needed...I'll call Disney and see if the room has a coffee pot...that's what we are going to need in the room. We always ask for hot water when we are out. As for the microwave...can you just request one?