Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss "Go with the flow" no reservations trip in the Vacation Planning forums; My kids and I have decided that for our next trip, Dec 31st to Jan 12th at Bay Lake Tower, we're not making any plans. We have the room already ...
    DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

"Go with the flow" no reservations trip

My kids and I have decided that for our next trip, Dec 31st to Jan 12th at Bay Lake Tower, we're not making any plans. We have the room already booked, and will get the airfare, but other then that, no planning at all. No ADRs, spreadsheets, nothing. Just do what we feel like, and eat when we want to.

Anyone else try that? How successful, unsuccessful was your experience?
    Last edited by DVCDad; 02-13-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: "Go with the flow" no reservations trip

Yep. Do it that way every time, with the exception of an ADR or two. Been doing it that way since the 70's. Works quite well. Then again, I know the place really well having been there around 60 times, so that may factor into how easily we pull it off.

Either way, very doable. Do you have any specific questions about it?

No, just wondering if it was as good as it seems. It will make up for the plan every second of every day people. We've been enough that no one can possibly get lost, and we still have a lot of stuff we haven't even tried yet, like teh water parks, Disney Quest.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    No, just wondering if it was as good as it seems. It will make up for the plan every second of every day people. We've been enough that no one can possibly get lost, and we still have a lot of stuff we haven't even tried yet, like teh water parks, Disney Quest.
    I'm thinking you will be OK since you have your second week in a pretty peaceful time to get into restaurants and attractions you may want to do. Even at my age I still love the water parks, your family should have fun, Disney Quest, I am not wild about but I'm glad I've done it, it use to come with our length of stay passes years ago and it was variety during our 2 week trips, just like mini golf.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I wasn't about to put out the extra $$$ for a premium annual pass to do the waterparks, Disneyquest etc., but DVc had such a great deal I splurged this time.

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    I wasn't about to put out the extra $$$ for a premium annual pass to do the waterparks, Disneyquest etc., but DVc had such a great deal I splurged this time.
    I'd need it to be a real good perk to go to DQ again. Disney waterparks are worth the money. I am torn between the two as to which is best, so we always did both on our long vacations. The wave pool at Typhoon is down right addicting.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

4Shoemakers is offline A-Ticket holder

We're debating that exact problem. We have the dining plan with table service so we should probably plan a few but dont want to be so rigid that we have to follow a schedule since we'lll be without the boys this time. Also, dont want to try to get into a table service restaurant just to find out there's nothing available. However, we're going in October so maybe that wont be a problem... maybe
    1st - Paul The Detective; 2nd - Sarah The Princess; 3rd - David The miracle; 4th - Matthew The dreamer

It really depends on the week of October. Check the events week iteneray. That way you'll know if you can fly by the seat of your pants or if you'll need a few ADR's. A few I've found isn't cumbersome, the entire vacation horrid for us.