Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tiggerguy
  • 1 Post By supernova
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Rental Car question in the Vacation Planning forums; I have an upcoming trip to WDW planned and I'm looking for advice on car rentals. My family and I will be staying at the Wilderness lodge for a week ...
    maceeight is offline A-Ticket holder

Rental Car question

I have an upcoming trip to WDW planned and I'm looking for advice on car rentals. My family and I will be staying at the Wilderness lodge for a week and my mother and father in-law be coming down for a portion of the trip. We are all flying in and will be taking the magical express to the resort so we won't have our own vechicle. My family and I will be taking the express back to the airport but my in-laws will be leaving mid-week and plan to drive to visit family friends in Florida. Is there an easy way for them to rent a car while staying on property? I know that they can do this at the airport but I don't believe that the magical express will take them thier if they aren't flying out. I assume they could take a cab back to the airport and go to a rental car location but I was curious if anyone had a better suggestion.

Thanks

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

Re: Rental Car question

the Swan or Dolphin has a rental counter as does the Car care center at the Magic Kingdom
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Rental Car question

Good advice, Brian. Adding to that, esp since you're at Wilderness, the Car Care outside the Magic Kingdom offers a comp shuttle service to/from your hotel. So they'll pick you up to rent the car. A car rental, if you get a good deal, should cost less than $30. Which I think should be cheaper than a cab in central FL. When I go to WDW, I always rent a car, never use Magical Express. I'm not going to allow Disney to dictate how and where I spend my money.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.