Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss HELP!!!! Need help choosing hotel!!!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone, Please help. My hubby and I will be celebrating 2 big birthdays this year at WDW. He will be turning 40 and I will be celebrating 35. We ...
    Froggee44 is offline A-Ticket holder

HELP!!!! Need help choosing hotel!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Please help. My hubby and I will be celebrating 2 big birthdays this year at WDW. He will be turning 40 and I will be celebrating 35. We have no kids so would like to stay at a delxue resort for a week. We would like any input you have.

Here are our choices, we cant decide:

AKL Arusha view
    POLY-which has been my dream hotel to stay at
    WL
    Beach Club because we love Epcot.

If you have stayed at any of these, we would love to hear from you

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: HELP!!!! Need help choosing hotel!!!!!

I had wanted to stay at the Poly since I was a kid back in the 70's. But I have to be honest and say I found it less than spectacular. Maybe my expectations were simply too high. Grand Ceremonial house is really cool, but something about it just seems...forced. Kona Cafe is one of the best restaurants on property, so two thumbs up there. The grounds are beautiful, and the walk to the Grand Floridian was nice, but I doubt you'd want to do that right now with all the construction going on there.

Why not the Contemporary? As far as I'm concerned, there is no greater atmosphere at any resort than the Grand Canyon Concourse.

Beach Club is really awesome. Can't comment on the rooms, but the resort is fantastic and the location unbeatable. Any time you can stay at a resort within walking distance of two gates, that's a good thing. For the money and the location I'm not sure it can be beat. Though the Swan and Dolphin are excellent alternatives if you decide you'd like to save a little scratch to spend elsewhere.

Not familiar enough with AKL or WL to comment. They are both beautiful, but the locations have always kept me from staying at them.

Good luck, and have fun!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: HELP!!!! Need help choosing hotel!!!!!

As much as I enjoyed vactioning at AKL I hated commuting to the parks from AKL. The Poly is situated perfectly for Epcot and MK, however it is old, new sheets, beds and lighting doesn't change that for me, I'd visit that one for meal instead of staying at, though many would beat me. I enjoy visiting the Contemporary but didn't like staying at it, just too many non resort guests wandering around my resort when we stayed there.

I'd be picking between Beach and the Swan/Dolphin. Two very different styles of resorts. Beach is far more Disney while Swan/Dolphin is very upscale, urban hotel. Even with S/D not being themed, they do have punches of whimsy, the palm tree's at night are really fun, the vacationing Mr & Mrs Claus are a stitch.

Out of your list, I'd pick Beach.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.