Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss I clicked on Tour Guide Mike.... in the Vacation Planning forums; ....and it looks like fun! I was thinking the $18.95 would be a cheap fix to maybe get me through the next 64 days. My vacation is planned already (like ...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

I clicked on Tour Guide Mike....

....and it looks like fun! I was thinking the $18.95 would be a cheap fix to maybe get me through the next 64 days. My vacation is planned already (like down to the nanosecond) but I thought I might get some new ideas. Has anybody here used Tour Guide Mike and what did you think of it?
    They call me "Nana"

Lou has used it....check out this thread

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...our+Guide+Mike

I guess if it works for Lou it must be good!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Thanks, I checked out that thread, and now I'm checking out Tour Guide Mike!
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Thanks, I checked out that thread, and now I'm checking out Tour Guide Mike!
    If you end up subscribing I would love to hear your thoughts as well, because I am leaning towards trying it for our next trip!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I tried it for my last trip. I enjoyed using it but I didn't use it to its full potential. No real reason for not doing so but what I did use was great!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    ....and it looks like fun! I was thinking the $18.95 would be a cheap fix to maybe get me through the next 64 days. My vacation is planned already (like down to the nanosecond) but I thought I might get some new ideas. Has anybody here used Tour Guide Mike and what did you think of it?
    From what I can tell this guy knows his stuff if you read his bio, as he was in the personal trip planning business at one time. However, most of us are pretty organized when WDW time comes around. For the newbie though it could be a good service.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Please share experiences, I was wondering about this service as well.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

april is offline A-Ticket holder
    I subscribed to Tour Guide Mike and I have to say I was a little dissapointed. I expected a personalized intinerary, with suggestions for restaurants and such, however I was directed to archives of general information, and none of the information was specifically for my trip. When you first become a member you are asked many questions about your preferences, who you are traveling with ect., I thought it would be more personalized and it would give you a day to day breakdown. I can see though how it would be beneficial to someone that has never been to Disney.
    I think this site and allears.net gives you the best info and it's free!!!!!

egammage is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up

I had the same initial reaction as April, but a different end result. I was expecting something extremely personal up front and at first sight I was a little disappointed. At that point I took a step back and looked at the whole situation again. His site is listed as the TourGuideMike Automated Vacation Planner. True, it did not give me every answer that I needed on a one page summary like I had intially thought. Instead it opened my eyes to a whole multitude of options that I could take advantage of in an easy to follow, friendly format. Once I began to read through the information, I realized that it was not only what I had asked for, it was more. Personally I found it to be an incredible resource.

I have seen people state that they believe the same information is available on other sites if you look for it. I cannot confirm or deny this. Rather than spending all of my planning time scouring the countless Disney sites on the web for tidbits, I went on a quest for 2 or 3 good sites that would provide the type of information I needed.

After reading Lou's book, I knew that his site would be a keeper. Following that I found Allearsnet.com, another good choice, and through that site I ran across TGM. Yes, DisneyWorldTrivia.com and Allearsnet.com are free sites, but I had read some positive reviews of TGM and he does offer a satisfaction guarantee so I figured "why not?". From my family's perspective it would be a bargain at twice the price.

Our family had visited WDW several times before I tried TGM. Did we have great vacations before TGM? You bet we did. Did we have an even better vacation last time because of TGM? Without a doubt!

I know it sounds like I'm a plant here, but for the record other than being a customer of his I have no affiliation with TourGuide Mike. We just honestly had such a great experience with the service that I wanted to share our positive impression.

Note: post edited to correct a typo
    Last edited by egammage; 08-22-2005 at 11:01 PM.