Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 143
Like Tree35Likes
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Imagination Pavilion going down this winter in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova I'm not sure Phineas & Ferb are necessarily the way to go. P&F are popular NOW. Give it a few years and see what happens. They ...
  1. #31
    StewbotTalborg's Avatar
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    463

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm not sure Phineas & Ferb are necessarily the way to go. P&F are popular NOW. Give it a few years and see what happens. They didn't go so far as to make Kim Possible a full blown attraction. Meet n' Greet characters, the Epcot game, two nice (read: temporary) attractions. But to sink money into an attraction that you know will eventually go cold? Eh, maybe not.
    Big difference between KP and P&F.

    Kim had to deal with an early cancellation because of discord between the creators and the company, while P&F have over 100 episodes in the can with more on the way, including high profile crossovers with Star Wars and Marvel and a full length movie down the pipeline.

    KP struggled to survive syndication because of her lack of content while Ferb has enough to air and stay relevant for years. It's just about the closest thing they're ever going to have to Spongebob.

  2. #32
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    I should have stated more clearly that I meant in the United States.

    It was released abroad on VHS, but never here.

    Amen.

  3. #33
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Big difference between KP and P&F.

    Kim had to deal with an early cancellation because of discord between the creators and the company, while P&F have over 100 episodes in the can with more on the way, including high profile crossovers with Star Wars and Marvel and a full length movie down the pipeline.

    KP struggled to survive syndication because of her lack of content while Ferb has enough to air and stay relevant for years. It's just about the closest thing they're ever going to have to Spongebob.
    Exactly.

    It's not even close. And KP never enjoyed the level of popularity that P&F have reached.

  4. #34
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    Lizzy McGuire was also ridiculously popular, too.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  5. #35
    StewbotTalborg's Avatar
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    463

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Lizzy McGuire was also ridiculously popular, too.
    And she got her own movie and merchandising out the wazoo. But Lizzie wasn't a franchise that really begged for a theme park attraction.
    Mo Noyz likes this.

  6. #36
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Lizzy McGuire was also ridiculously popular, too.
    Look, I realize you need to show off for HG, but more salient points would serve you well.

    P&F invent things using their imagination. If you can't see why that would make for a nice fit in the Imagination pavilion, I can't help you.

  7. #37
    tiggerguy's Avatar
    tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    amongst the loonies
    Posts
    17,669

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    take a deep breath and relax... all of you
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

  8. #38
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    KP overstayed her welcome. But the game itself was popular as an activity. Enough so that they were basically able to swap out one set of characters over to another. I've never played either game at Epcot myself, but I would imagine the concept for this second version is basically similar to the original. So creating an attraction that was interchangeable worked out for Disney.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  9. #39
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    And she got her own movie and merchandising out the wazoo. But Lizzie wasn't a franchise that really begged for a theme park attraction.
    Thank you for making my point. And I'm glad Scott likes that you did.

    Not doubting that Lizzie McGuire did well. Lizzie made tons of cash thanks to Disney and was able to parlay that into her own music career for a bit. Look at the silly High School Musical franchise. Popular as all heck. For a while. Throw-away made-for-TV-movie because a major success for Disney. Followed up by two theatrical releases. Had its own parade. They, too, are now gone and forgotten. Merchandise is in the clearance bins.

    As for a franchise 'begging' for an attraction? Not sure that's P&F either. According to your (il)logic, Stitch was also 'begging' for an attraction because we got one. Look what that got us.

    But at the end of the day, in 2013, no one remembers or cares about Hilary Duff playing Lizzie McGuire, or any of the High School Musical kids. The characters is buried in the 'where are they now' category. Fast forward five years and let's see if anyone remembers or cares about Phineas & Ferb. Probably not. Disney will already be on to their latest flash in the pan.
    Last edited by supernova; 07-28-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  10. #40
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    He didn't make your point. He showed you how ridiculous it was as a counter-argument.

    And once again, the entire premise of P&F is based upon imagination. It would make a fine fit, and if done properly the characters would take on a timelessness based on the attraction itself.

  11. #41
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    Or perhaps you can ask yourself this: what made Figment so popular, and why has there been such lasting power?

  12. #42
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    Nostalgia, most likely. That and he's a goofy little dragon, so it'll hold the kid's attention. It's certainly not Eric Idle bringing families in in droves.

    Chronicles of Narnia, Mr. Toad, and your point... Peter Pan. Any of these franchises begging for an attraction? Yet the all got one.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  13. #43
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    No, it's because they initially made a very popular attraction revolving around the character.

    Never mind. I'm out. Somebody else who is also tired of all the negativity towards all things Disney here hipped me to a site full of actual Disney fans.
    supernova likes this.

  14. #44
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    See you there
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  15. #45
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

    What always amazed me about Toad was that people were always up in arms over its removal from the east coast park. Yet too many people have never seen the movie. I was one of them. I finally sat through it earlier this month because my wife loves the story and I thought it would be worth her viewing. Now I more fully understand Winky the bartender, when before all I remembered was his spinning beer mugs when he disappeared beneath the bar.

    With the Imagination Pavillion, those of us who were around to see the original version remember what a great attraction it was. Today's generation only knows of Figment and Dr. Channing. They can only speak of this verion on its own merits without having something to compare it to. Seeing how rarely there are ever huge wait times, coupled with the abbreviated operating hours should tell Disney that they need SOMETHING in there. Not sure if I agree with bombarding Epcot with characters, though.

    Epcot's original 20+ minute education model has gone by the wayside, with Ellen being the only holdout of the old vision. And of all the pavillions, that's the one I least liked and wish they had kept them all except for Ellen. As a society, we have the collective attention spans of gerbils. We need constant entertainment, not that that's a bad thing, but with the addition of new attractions across property, do we really have time to spend 15 minute or more on one attraction? And that's after waiting on line.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I would like to go upstairs in the Imagination Pavilion
    By Communicore82 in forum WDW Theme Parks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 11:34 AM
  2. Disneyland during Winter Holidays thread!
    By JDarlingDLCP in forum Disneyland and Other Disney Parks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 02:14 AM
  3. WDW: Winter-Spring Promotion
    By SuzyQ in forum Disney Discounts and Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
  4. D23 Winter Issue
    By Disney2000 in forum The Walt Disney Company
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •