Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Imagination Pavilion going down this winter in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova Thank you for making my point. And I'm glad Scott likes that you did. Not doubting that Lizzie McGuire did well. Lizzie made tons of cash ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Thank you for making my point. And I'm glad Scott likes that you did.

Not doubting that Lizzie McGuire did well. Lizzie made tons of cash thanks to Disney and was able to parlay that into her own music career for a bit. Look at the silly High School Musical franchise. Popular as all heck. For a while. Throw-away made-for-TV-movie because a major success for Disney. Followed up by two theatrical releases. Had its own parade. They, too, are now gone and forgotten. Merchandise is in the clearance bins.

As for a franchise 'begging' for an attraction? Not sure that's P&F either. According to your (il)logic, Stitch was also 'begging' for an attraction because we got one. Look what that got us.

But at the end of the day, in 2013, no one remembers or cares about Hilary Duff playing Lizzie McGuire, or any of the High School Musical kids. The characters is buried in the 'where are they now' category. Fast forward five years and let's see if anyone remembers or cares about Phineas & Ferb. Probably not. Disney will already be on to their latest flash in the pan.
    I'm not exactly sure how you came up with A+B=T in my saying that because Lizzie wasn't begging for an attraction that Stitch was...

P&F have attraction potential because of the creative elements of that show. They have become in many ways, what figment was intended to be, a embodiment of imagination.

As for your comparison of the longevity of Lizzie and HSM to P&F, the kids in the two former shows grew up. You can only trot out 20 something's for so long pretending they're teens, (unless you're Gary Coleman) then you have to move on. Hillary Duff is a grown woman now. She doesn't appeal to kids. This that franchise is dead. P&F have the luxury of being animated. They'll never age. They'll stay young and hip as long as the writers are passionate enough to not get lackadaisical with it.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Imagination Pavilion going down this winter

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The MK is packed this summer. All the trip reports I've read are referring to Epcot as a ghost town. Guests hitting the few E Ticket attractions and popping in for meals beyond that the sales for merchandise are down and guests filter in just in time for Illumination verses drinking around the world. Norway is quietly being fixed, have of the mold is gone from the Maelstrom and a few of the special effects have been fixed. Yet for some reason in the ride itself where it has always been a dark ride, bright lights have replaced the dark, murky, spookier areas.

Maybe, just maybe Disney is getting the idea they need to invest more than rehab'ing a pavilion once every 5 years or so. They seem to have gotten the message at the MK. Now for the other 3 parks. More news on DHS so I'll go update that one.
    I think this is mostly due to people not having too much of an interest in global heritage these days. I love EPCOT, and I always find a memory or two every trip i take to that park!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    After riding the Imagination ride after the first rehab, my son wanted to ride it again to show me something I had missed. Since no one else was there, we got off and got right back on again. The CM said something like wow you guys are riding it again and after we said yes, she replied "Why?" Guess that sums it up.

It's a shame that they ruined such a great ride and shut down the upstairs; my kids always had a great time up there too.

I wonder if they'll eventually make it into a Phineas and Ferb attraction like I've read on these boards?
    One of the big rumors floating around the pavilion is that they are considering returning to a ride similar to the original. The rumor about phineas and ferb is being applied to the theater. Then again, most rumors are created either by WDW management themselves or by the cast members in a hype. You can never really know whats going to happen until its an official announcement.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Having been a cast member here for a good while, this is like ripping out a chunk of my heart. When HISTA was closed permanantly, I couldnt even really go near the pavilion the first day i was there on vacation. Lots of fond CM memories.....I really wish I could get down there to see it one last time.....

This quote is straight out of Wikipedia.

In July 2013, It was announced that the Imagination Pavilion will be closing January 2, 2014. Captain EO will be replaced entirely, and the Journey into Imagination with Figment will be closed for a year for an “extensive renovation”.

I will be monitoring this thread VERY closely to see exactly what is being done, and if anyone here catches wind of anything new, feel free to PM me on here!!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    This quote is straight out of Wikipedia.

In July 2013, It was announced that the Imagination Pavilion will be closing January 2, 2014. Captain EO will be replaced entirely, and the Journey into Imagination with Figment will be closed for a year for an “extensive renovation”.
    Always a reliable news source
    emabee likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And despite the rumors of Imagination Pavillon going down, Disney has gone ahead with constructing a
    FP+ area.

Photo's by Jeff Kober
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thats just a new sign. Fastpass always entered through that door

And that distribution area has always been there, although its never looked better, lol

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Thats just a new sign. Fastpass always entered through that door
    Actually I just realized, that is the Journey Entrance, my mistake..... which is weird since JTIWF never had fastpass.....

I can imagine that if they do bring back the original, glorious ride, they would need FP and FP+ to accommodate all the old fans
    HauntedGabe likes this.

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

I know I'd be first in line. And would wait for hours to see it. I miss that ride.
    HauntedGabe and froland_04-08 like this.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by emabee View Post
    I know I'd be first in line. And would wait for hours to see it. I miss that ride.
    Well you might like this article. It makes me hopeful all the P&F fans are wrong about P&F invasion of the Imagination Pavilion. Has the concept art for something else been wrongly connected to the future direction of the Imagination Pavilion? Also a bit of engineering issues with the pyramids past and present.

TheDailyCity.com: Is EPCOT's Imagination Pavilion Leaving? EPCOT Expert R.A. Pedersen Reveals A Ton of Info In New Interview

I like this photo within the article demonstrating the continuing popularity of Figment despite the condition of his home.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I can see P&F going in there to attract a new fanbase.....but I imagine a ride with Figment, Dreamfinder, And P&F. You cant kill off what is already there, or you will have a backlash from the current fanbase, which is what happened between 1999 and 2001 when they removed DF and figment.

We will just have to watch it intently, we probably wont know what is going in there until they close down.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast