Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Imagination Pavilion going down this winter in the Vacation Planning forums; Apparently Pedersen's leaks of Imagination Pavilon renovation didn't go over well with Disney. Disney's very own Wiki Leaks. This afternoon there are actually people in line for Imagination. Glory Be! ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Imagination Pavilion Closing for Renovation

Apparently Pedersen's leaks of Imagination Pavilon renovation didn't go over well with Disney. Disney's very own Wiki Leaks.

This afternoon there are actually people in line for Imagination. Glory Be!

Break from the heat?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how you came up with A+B=T in my saying that because Lizzie wasn't begging for an attraction that Stitch was...

P&F have attraction potential because of the creative elements of that show. They have become in many ways, what figment was intended to be, a embodiment of imagination.

As for your comparison of the longevity of Lizzie and HSM to P&F, the kids in the two former shows grew up. You can only trot out 20 something's for so long pretending they're teens, (unless you're Gary Coleman) then you have to move on. Hillary Duff is a grown woman now. She doesn't appeal to kids. This that franchise is dead. P&F have the luxury of being animated. They'll never age. They'll stay young and hip as long as the writers are passionate enough to not get lackadaisical with it.
    Didn't we move past this like two weeks ago?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Didn't we move past this like two weeks ago?
    You made that point on the 28th I responded on the 29th. Today is the 4th. So, no.

However, if you would like to move past it you could try not bringing it up.
    Last edited by StewbotTalborg; 08-04-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: Imagination Pavilion going down this winter

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Maybe, just maybe Disney is getting the idea they need to invest more than rehab'ing a pavilion once every 5 years or so. They seem to have gotten the message at the MK. Now for the other 3 parks. More news on DHS so I'll go update that one.
    Here here! 100% in agreement. Maybe The Powers That be are realizing that the "little Stuff" is what Disney used to be reknowned for, and letting it slide is a indicator of bigger problems.
    HauntedGabe and froland_04-08 like this.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how you came up with A+B=T in my saying that because Lizzie wasn't begging for an attraction that Stitch was...

P&F have attraction potential because of the creative elements of that show. They have become in many ways, what figment was intended to be, a embodiment of imagination.

As for your comparison of the longevity of Lizzie and HSM to P&F, the kids in the two former shows grew up. You can only trot out 20 something's for so long pretending they're teens, (unless you're Gary Coleman) then you have to move on. Hillary Duff is a grown woman now. She doesn't appeal to kids. This that franchise is dead. P&F have the luxury of being animated. They'll never age. They'll stay young and hip as long as the writers are passionate enough to not get lackadaisical with it.
    Im jumping in because I have been in WDW for a time... I agree that P&F have more "staying power" than Lizzie or HSM because of it being animated... the worry that I still have is that at some point even animated shows lost steam... Look at Mickey... at a point in time the Donald cartoons were blowing Mickey cartoons out of the water... and then they pretty much stopped making them... I know that we look at Mickey as the face of the company, and he is... but we also cannot put P&F in the same category as Mickey, so there should be worry that this franchise might not live through the next 10 years... I like the Agent P stuff in EPCOT because it replaced Kim Possible (another show that lost momentum) but I feel that if they wanted to do this in Imagination, they should have done it like 3 years ago when P&F were picking up steam... what will they do in 6 years when the next crop of kids have no real connection to P&F...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Anybody hear any different news on this?
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Not likely this week. Everything is focused on D23.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Whats going on in D23??
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Whats going on in D23??
    It is their Expo Convention so every blogger, website owner, podcaster, running club, author is out there setting up their booths and attending what the Expo has to offer.

Betting they booked their ADRs 180 days out.

Oooops
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 08-07-2013 at 06:26 PM.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I like the Agent P stuff in EPCOT because it replaced Kim Possible (another show that lost momentum) but I feel that if they wanted to do this in Imagination, they should have done it like 3 years ago when P&F were picking up steam... what will they do in 6 years when the next crop of kids have no real connection to P&F...?
    Six years might be a bit too generous, Joe.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mike I think you are right... I think by 6 years the next generation will barely even know who they are... Like the fact that this generation had no clue who Kim possible is anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    One of the big rumors floating around the pavilion is that they are considering returning to a ride similar to the original. The rumor about phineas and ferb is being applied to the theater. Then again, most rumors are created either by WDW management themselves or by the cast members in a hype. You can never really know whats going to happen until its an official announcement.
    See this idea I definitely can go with... the easiest thing to make changes to would be the 3D film... if P&F loses its appeal to children and becomes overexposed in a few years they could just make a change and make a new film... less than changing an entire attraction...
    HauntedGabe and froland_04-08 like this.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Part of the problem is that TV is a radically different landscape from what it used to be.

For many, many years, kids knew who Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo, the Flintstones, etc. were. Now they don't. Where they were once repeated ad nauseum, they barely get screen time these days, because few channels want to dedicate time to the old, which brings in precious little ratings (and thus advertising dollars). When there were far fewer channels, there was less to dilute the viewing audience. There wasn't a lot of choices for a kid to watch, so cheaper repeat programming still got decent ratings. Now you don't see a lot of repeat programming at all. Even the networks don't repeat a lot of their shows in the "off season" - they have other shows in those time slots. Only the most popular shows on a network tend to get a second airing.

So today, new is necessary. And because of the contract structures, etc. they get more expensive over time (unless cuts are made). Shows have a difficult time getting past the 3 year mark, which is how long a lot of contracts are initially made for.

P&F has done really well so far. It seems a decent property to base something off of it (I even enjoy it myself). Will future children have a connection to it in six years? Don't know, but it is unlikely to still be in production. But it's certainly lasted longer than most these days. Interestingly, they've lasted as long as Kim Possible (4 official seasons, although P+F have more episodes). But the Kim Possible Adventures didn't open until after they announced the cancellation, and over a year AFTER the series finale aired.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

I am really hoping that they bring back a ride similar to the original. At the very least I would love to see figment and the Dreamfinder return!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast