Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Imagination Pavilion going down this winter in the Vacation Planning forums; ALot of the old equipment up there still worked as of 2008, I dont think they will tear it down. They can definitely use it for an attraction...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Imagination Pavilion going down this winter

ALot of the old equipment up there still worked as of 2008, I dont think they will tear it down. They can definitely use it for an attraction
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    ALot of the old equipment up there still worked as of 2008, I dont think they will tear it down. They can definitely use it for an attraction
    Yep, it worked just fine when they unexpectedly shut her down. I don't think they'd tear it down without a sponsor.
    But upstairs without an ADA plan, will likely not open again. It wasn't all that long ago that some guest got in there and put up a YouTube.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

There is an ADA plan, they have an elevator.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

I think something really great will come out of it, we have a new generation of imagineering and they really want to leave their own mark. I can't wait to hear what they are going to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I think something really great will come out of it, we have a new generation of imagineering and they really want to leave their own mark. I can't wait to hear what they are going to do with it
    I don't think the imagineers are the issue. It is Disney and the lack of funding. They can imagine all they want but if Disney doesn't fund the projects........

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

They will find it. They wont announce any type of rehab or refurb unless they have an idea of planning or an idea of funding.

SO.........there is a new sponsor for Imagination!! Colorvision International Inc, based in Orlando, will sponsor the attraction!! Here is their website!!!
    https://amazingpictures.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

For a moment there, I thought I read Colecovision and was really excited.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

On the official blog today. Online orders only December 4-8. $24.99

But in true Disney Fashion, will be delivered in 6-8 weeks, in time for Valentines Day?

The exchange became comical between Fans and the Merchandise Communications manager even on a Moderated post forum about the delivery date.

Comment:
    emily from SC on December 3rd, 2013 at 11:45 am

i love this! but, if it ships in 6-8 weeks, it will most definitely not be sent in time for Christmas!

Response:

Steven Miller on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:19 pm

@Emily Perhaps a jump start to Christmas shopping for next year? I know I always say Im going to start early (which never ever happens)

Wonder what he gets paid?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Perhaps the same amount as the people who came up with this Limited Time Magic promotion in the first place. Hmmm... holiday-specific mail order items that won't arrive until the middle of the following month. Brilliant! Post it on the Disney blog. But NOT until it's closer to Christmas. Why run this in November when three weeks before Christmas makes far more sense.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I toyed with putting this in the Minusing thread.

They will still sell a lot, so many Figgy fans. Many in the Disney Fan community are excited, taking this as an indication that Fig and Dreamfinder are going to make a come back. Maybe. Or it is just another retro T-shirt Disney knows the fan community will buy up.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    On the official blog today. Online orders only December 4-8. $24.99

But in true Disney Fashion, will be delivered in 6-8 weeks, in time for Valentines Day?

The exchange became comical between Fans and the Merchandise Communications manager even on a Moderated post forum about the delivery date.

Comment:
    emily from SC on December 3rd, 2013 at 11:45 am

i love this! but, if it ships in 6-8 weeks, it will most definitely not be sent in time for Christmas!

Response:

Steven Miller on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:19 pm

@Emily Perhaps a jump start to Christmas shopping for next year? I know I always say Im going to start early (which never ever happens)

Wonder what he gets paid?
    He sounds kinda like a politician!!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

I miss my Figment
    HauntedGabe likes this.

I miss the days when Disney could create a character and insert into an attraction and we bond. I have a big soft spot for Figgy.

After working there for a little bit, you kind of grow attachments to certain characters. Nigel Channing kind of grows on you after a bit, but figments bond is pretty much instant. Never really became attached to any of the HISTA characters, but I do miss working at that show

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast