Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Imagination Pavilion going down this winter in the Vacation Planning forums; I hate to see it go, but I know it needed a massive update. Last time I was there i saw duct tape holding things together...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Imagination Pavilion going down this winter

I hate to see it go, but I know it needed a massive update. Last time I was there i saw duct tape holding things together
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I hate to see it go, but I know it needed a massive update. Last time I was there i saw duct tape holding things together
    Here, go look at some of Jenn's photo's. A trip down memory lane.

Untitled-42.jpg Photo by bamajen | Photobucket
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Lots of photos of what are now.....ancient relics. So much has changed over the years
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Lots of photos of what are now.....ancient relics. So much has changed over the years
    Have you visited Jenn's website?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I just looked at the link you posted, at the pictures there
    HauntedGabe likes this.

OK, here is Jenn's Website. Photo's dedicated to things that once were at WDW.

Extinct Disney

Wow thats an amazing site!!! Many many MANY memories from my childhood and even from when I was a CM....preservation at its finest

According to Disney's company site, this pavilion is STILL OPEN......so I wonder whats going on??
    HauntedGabe likes this.

When all the Biggies met around Thanksgiving Iger reportedly had yet another temper tantrum finding out in detail about all the continued issues with Magic Bands and MME. They will be over the next few months editing the software. Apparently MME is so far over budget and it really isn't making guests spend more more money like they projected. Likely less when Universal opens their new attractions this Spring. I know many people heading to Uni to see the new Potterlands. I don't know anyone that is heading to Disney for the Grand Opening of Dwarfs.

Reportedly when Iger returned back to his home base he cancelled all projects that were in the works for Disneyland and WDW. As far as I know Imagination is still open along with Idol and Beauty. The only things that I know of that have been green lite is the facelift to Tommorowland in DL and a small celebration (not the grand one first planned) for Disneyland's Anniversary. Both parks have their major attraction builds cancelled. For now or long term who knows. Now lets see if Disney Springs goes full speed ahead or if it drags on like Avatar.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If they would reduce their ridiculous prices and offer more vacation deals, they would attract more people. In my humble opinion. Oh, I think Iger and his cronies should step aside too.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    If they would reduce their ridiculous prices and offer more vacation deals, they would attract more people. In my humble opinion. Oh, I think Iger and his cronies should step aside too.
    And this is why Obama came to Disney, with their blessing to change the Visa laws so they could get foreign tourist into Disney Parks easier and quicker. They have/had more disposable income. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Brazilian tourists over the next few years. A good chunk of their economy is crumbling, new growth new money hit its peak and much of it was funny money on paper, bankruptcy galore. A large chunk of guests at Disney Hawaii is the wealthy Asian market.

When my kids were young I could do 14-16 days with park hoppers or APs and stay at POR with airfare for around $3500 including Mears shuttle to WDW. We would allow $100 a day for food and beverages, as they grew taller we allowed $150 a day for food and beverages. Giggle now I'd need that each day or more for each of us. What I use to buy food for the day with would now only cover the water for four.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm still in shock with our price! It's almost $1200 more than it was last year!!! No changes from last year either.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Hmm......so we get to have Imagination for a bit while longer?? Thats the good news!!

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Unfortunately attendance is still very high. Disney won't make deals until it hurts their pocketbooks not to do so. We saw it after 9/11 when no one wanted to travel and again when the economy tanked. I'm betting there were quite a few people in the company that grimaced about offering those discounts for all those years, so I expect them to squeeze every dollar they can out of guests, until the fan base finally speaks out with their wallets and take them elsewhere.

According to Disney's company site, this pavilion is STILL OPEN......so I wonder whats going on??
    Maybe this that was posted this morning on MiceAge might be a hint:

"Editor’s Note:
    January 30, 2014: Disneyland back in the swim of things – The refurbishment for DCA's Little Mermaid ride we'd told you about in a Miceage Update last year is now back on. Burbank is beginning to loosen purse strings for Anaheim at least, while Orlando remains on a very short fiscal leash due to MyMagic+ cost overruns. DCA's Mermaid refurb is currently slated for seven weeks from late March to early May and will fix a laundry list of cosmetic, lighting and scenery issues throughout the ride. No word yet how they'll budget this Mermaid refurb for WDW's version, much less schedule it. WDW's version of Soarin' is also in refurb purgatory, while DCA's Soarin' closes next month for a big HD upgrade."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast