Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ohiodisneydad
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Free Dining In 2014?? in the Vacation Planning forums; I know Disney won't announce free dining until spring of 2014, if they do at all. I know its not going to be a guaranteed thing until they officially announce ...
    TinkandTimon is offline A-Ticket holder

Free Dining In 2014??

I know Disney won't announce free dining until spring of 2014, if they do at all. I know its not going to be a guaranteed thing until they officially announce it, but I was wondering if anyone has any speculations if they will do free dining in 2014? I saw they recently announced free dining for UK guests for 2014, and I can't imagine Disney would offer it only to UK guests, and not US guests in 2014. Here's why I would like to know:
    My husband and I have been planning our next WDW trip for September of 2014, and we were recently talking to my parents about it (I have never been to Disney World with my whole family. My mom was there about 30 years ago, my dad has never been, and I took my little sister in 2010, but only got to spend one day in the Magic Kingdom. It was a dream of my mom's to take her family, but they have always struggled financially and it was never something they could do). When my husband and I got home, he suggested we take my parents, and my sister and her boyfriend with us. I was so touched that my husband understood what this meant to me, to have my whole family go on vacation together (my husband is an only child and has been to Disney World tons of times with his parents). We crunched some numbers, and we know we can make it work, if and only if Disney does free dining next year. We plan on paying for everything: airfare, resort, park tickets. But to feed six people as well for a week, we just cant do that on top of everything else. We want to keep our plans a surprise just in case things don't work out, and Disney doesn't do the free dining. I plan on using Mouse Fan Travel (I've never used them, but if Lou recommends them, I'm willing to give them a try) to help book this very special trip, how soon should I contact them, being that the whole trip rides on the possibility of free dining? Any help or advice that anyone could give would be great. I'm so afraid that Disney won't announce free dinning this year, and crush one of the biggest dreams I have ever had, when its so close to reality.
    TinkandTimon

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Free Dining In 2014??

Disney will do free dining. It's one of their most popular deals.

I have used Mouse Fan Travel and I highly recommend them. Our agent is Coleen Boltin. She's got our business for life.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Disney always releases Disney Free Dining to the UK first, you can normally plug into the over the pond forums and get a pretty good idea of when to book in advance of that. Alter your existing reservations to incorporate the free dining when it is released in the US.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

TinkandTimon is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you so much for the insight!
    TinkandTimon

Csmith041177 is offline A-Ticket holder

I really hope so! With increased crowds and attendance...I worry that eventually Disney will slow this offer down.