Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By supernova
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss FINALLY! We're going to Walt Disney World this December!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; We have been planning to go for years, but somthing always came up. This year we are going this December & staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm SOOOOOO excited, I ...
    Frostfall is offline A-Ticket holder

FINALLY! We're going to Walt Disney World this December!!!

We have been planning to go for years, but somthing always came up. This year we are going this December & staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm SOOOOOO excited, I cried. Don't' look like that, they were tears of happiness. I was thrilled when I found out my sister was going to my happy place. I was stunned when we arranged to go too. I know I can share this with you guys because you'll get it.

It's finally happening!

Frostfall
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: FINALLY! We're going to Walt Disney World this December!!!

You betcha we do!

I've stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, it is so pretty. We had a pool balcony view, real nice at night. The ducks were often in the water at early hours of the morning and there isn't a better resort quick service restaurant.

So what are your plans? How many days? Where are you all dreaming of eating? Going to Christmas Party.
    So lucky to see Osborne Lights at DHS likely the last year and the Castle lit up for Christmas. (hint, be there once when the lights are turned on, it is stunning. No pictures can describe it.)
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'll be there this December too. It's my favorite time of the year to be at WDW, despite the crowds, which are getting worse and worse every year. Have never stayed at AKL but visited it many times.

Enjoy your trip! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
    Frostfall likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    You betcha we do!

I've stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, it is so pretty. We had a pool balcony view, real nice at night. The ducks were often in the water at early hours of the morning and there isn't a better resort quick service restaurant.

So what are your plans? How many days? Where are you all dreaming of eating? Going to Christmas Party.
    So lucky to see Osborne Lights at DHS likely the last year and the Castle lit up for Christmas. (hint, be there once when the lights are turned on, it is stunning. No pictures can describe it.)
    We'll be there from Dec 5th to the 12th & I am looking forward to the various cheese sampler plates Disney World Cheese Plate Gallery | the disney food blog I also am hoping to try

Review: Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge | the disney food blog

I didn't know there WAS a Christmas Party. *makes notes to research* I'm looking forward to all the lights and just EVERYthing! It's going to be awesome! We get to go to Disney World. At Christmas time. For our first visit. That's the cue to spin around & then break into a dance number.
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The Christmas Party is a hard ticket event, fun event.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MedTG is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfall View Post
    We'll be there from Dec 5th to the 12th & I am looking forward to the various cheese sampler plates Disney World Cheese Plate Gallery | the disney food blog I also am hoping to try

Review: Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge | the disney food blog

I didn't know there WAS a Christmas Party. *makes notes to research* I'm looking forward to all the lights and just EVERYthing! It's going to be awesome! We get to go to Disney World. At Christmas time. For our first visit. That's the cue to spin around & then break into a dance number.
    Sanaa is amazing! There is not a large selection that would be appealing if you have really picky eaters though. It is possibly my favorite restaurant on property. Be sure to get an afternoon reservation to see the most animals on the savanna! All of the AKL eateries are wonderful. I periodically write for Disney Food Blog, so I would love to answer and and all food related questions.

We're scheduled for sunset at Sanaa. I'm so thrilled with all of our reservation choices. If we can get tickets for the Mickey Christmas Party, we will go at least one of the days.

It's almost 30 days.

(Ok, Ok, so I've already looked ahead to the NEXT trip & trying to pick a date. That's the one our kids, their families & my husband's parents would come on, not just my husband & I.)

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Congratulations!!! AKL is my favorite resort!!! Have fun!!!

It was a little crazy here with moving my mom to Arizona over Thanksgiving, getting back for a day & a half then heading to Walt Disney World & then moving our son back home to North Carolina but now that I have time, I have to post & say It. Was. AWESOME!!!!

We had the best time. We enjoyed Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party so much, we went twice. We loved every minute & we would be going back again in 2014 but Nick's Mom would be very unhappy with us if we went without her again so 2015 for Christmas is the official planned trip. That one will be with the kids (who are adults), Nick's parents & his sister as opposed to this trip which was with my sister, her husband & 2 of her 3 kids & all the grandkids. There were 21 of us in all.

Did I mention IT WAS AWESOME????