Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss How many days with a young one?(3.5 year old) in the Vacation Planning forums; When I take my dance team we typically do 4 nights and 5 days. I feel like that's more than enough because I'm not factoring in nap times ;-) we ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

How many days with a young one?(3.5 year old)

When I take my dance team we typically do 4 nights and 5 days. I feel like that's more than enough because I'm not factoring in nap times ;-) we also go from park open to park close.

I'm unsure of how much time with the kiddo. I think DH will also need/want a kid day break I also don't think he will subscribe to my go hard or go home park attack. Lol
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: How many days with a young one?(3.5 year old)

We took our three girls when they were young. Our first trip our youngest was 2 or so. We usually did four days. Little ones napped in the stroller and we would often head back to nap.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    We took our three girls when they were young. Our first trip our youngest was 2 or so. We usually did four days. Little ones napped in the stroller and we would often head back to nap.
    I wish I had a stroller napper . If there is action she's not sleeping.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

manutdserg is offline A-Ticket holder

We've taken ours when they were 2. One was a stroller napper; the other not at all. We took them both down for 5 days, which was reasonable. But we made sure to leave the park just after lunch. She got a quick nap and then we went back to the parks after naptime. We stayed at the Contemporary/Bay Lake, so it made it easy to get back and forth quickly.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by princessariel View Post
    I wish I had a stroller napper . If there is action she's not sleeping.
    Nope, my DS wasn't a napper when anything was going on either. He even fought going to sleep at night, didn't want to miss anything. Once in bed it took forever for him to fall asleep, he would not relax. We finally bought him a small TV with a VCR (back in the day) and popped in a Teenage Mutant Ninja tape. *poof* out in a matter of minutes. I took a lot of cr@p from others about the evils of TV and children. But it worked, he was far more rested in the morning.

My DD would crash in the stroller when small. We took 2 week trips in the fall throughout their childhood, till high school. DD 2 months old and my son was 14 months for their first trips. Both gave up naps by the time they were about 18 months old. If they did nap, they didn't go to bed for the night 'till 11pm. Not worth the trade off.

With my kids being 5 years apart in age often my DH & I would break off from each other, he'd take the older DS and do big kid rides while DD and I did smaller rides and even then she loved to browse in the kids sections of stores, sit down and caress the flowers (got me) she could watch the miniature train for long lengths of time, the kids kiosks at Epcot were also a big hit with her, she liked the Junior shows at the Studios. Future World was a big hit for both of them, but sadly little of FW of their childhood remains. Your DH might enjoy touring with just her part of the day, I enjoyed my time with DD at her pace.

My DD also did Winter Summerland mini golf at 3. That mini golf place has all holes pitched to the hole so it requires zero skill. She loved it, great photo ops, one of which was our Christmas card that year. We let her cheat and hold the club anyway she wished, she had a blast. Good times.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

LuckyJack is offline A-Ticket holder

Did a July trip in 11' with my kids when they were 5 & 7 so that's a big difference from 3 1/2. But my 5 year old needed a stroller sometimes - she wouldn't go to sleep either - who would with all that fun around !!!

Meals with the characters were a great way to get them to eat and rest a bit. So whether its a breakfast at Ohona, Chef Mickey's, or Hollywood & Vine (those three were my kids favorites).

Also - when we take our kids (though they're getting big so fast) we always try to pace it. That helps !
    Lucky Jack

How you doin' from ol' New Jersey

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

How about 1 year old twins?????? I am trying to talk my better half into taking our twins alot sooner than what she wants to.