Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Caribbean beach check in in the Vacation Planning forums; Just noticed I can check in online. I booked a standard room yet have the option two make 2 requests if I check in online. Martinique and Trinidad north are ...
    iwannabindisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Caribbean beach check in

Just noticed I can check in online. I booked a standard room yet have the option two make 2 requests if I check in online. Martinique and Trinidad north are both options and I'm aware those are where the preferred rooms are. Anyone have any experience with this? If I use my allowed 2 selections am I wasting them picking the two closest buildings when I only paid for a standard room?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Caribbean beach check in

Welcome to the boards, especially to a fellow 'Islander!

With a question like this, I always figure best bet is to call reservations directly. You'll get lots of opinions here, but you're also letting time go by that you could be not only, but also getting the official answer AND making the exact reservations you want directly through Disney themselves. This way you know what you can do, you do it, and you're set. Good luck!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Caribbean beach check in

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabindisney View Post
    Just noticed I can check in online. I booked a standard room yet have the option two make 2 requests if I check in online. Martinique and Trinidad north are both options and I'm aware those are where the preferred rooms are. Anyone have any experience with this? If I use my allowed 2 selections am I wasting them picking the two closest buildings when I only paid for a standard room?
    Depends on when you are going, off season you have a shot, busy likely a waste. You could have a shot and there is no charge to make the request so nothing to loose but if you do call and choose a preferred room there is an upcharge. Martinique is my choice.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.