Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aldzilla
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Help in Honoring Grandparents in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all, I just joined the forums, so excited to be here! I'm looking for some ideas to help honor my grandparents. Every 3 years, my grandparents take us to ...
    aldzilla is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Help in Honoring Grandparents

Hi all,

I just joined the forums, so excited to be here! I'm looking for some ideas to help honor my grandparents. Every 3 years, my grandparents take us to Disney World and this year we'd like to honor this tradition somehow. I know the Legacy Tiles in Epcot are a no-go, but I was hoping you'd have ideas. I'm not sure how much money may influence this--don't worry about it at this point. I've looked through some of the events, but nothing pops out. It could be an event, gift, etc. Any ideas are helpful!

Thanks!!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Help in Honoring Grandparents

Welcome!

I don't believe anything has replaced the tiles or the bricks at the Magic Kingdom. I find good memories in photographs. You could arrange through Disney to have a professional family photograph taken at one of your favorite spots in Disney as in an icon, favorite resort, attraction. A place that bonds you with the family trip.

I'll keep thinking. Hope you enjoy your time with us.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

aldzilla is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Help in Honoring Grandparents

That's a great idea! I may contact Disney to ask more about their photography packages and such. I did already contact them to ask if they have anything like the tiles or bricks, but they haven't created another system like that. Hopefully they'll get something else going--maybe it'll be digital with so many more guests coming to the parks.

I thought about maybe the cruise to see the fireworks, too, but that could get pricey. I haven't called to see what the rates are typically.