Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Going solo in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, but I've been following Lou's podcasts, fb, twitters for quite some time... I wanted to share my story here and hear some feedbacks ...
    Tink73 is offline A-Ticket holder

Going solo

Hello everyone!
    I'm new to the forum, but I've been following Lou's podcasts, fb, twitters for quite some time...

I wanted to share my story here and hear some feedbacks from some Disney pros

I love going to WDW.
    My very first experience was actually when I was 13 years old (I'm originally from Italy) and with my parents we took a coast to coast trip to the US. One stop was Disneyworld in Cali...I don't think I can put into words how I felt...

I then went to Euro Disney a few times...

I moved to NY in 1999 and I've been to WDW 6 times...

Last time I was there with my boyfriend...he proposed to me near the castle...it was very emotional...
    Unfortunately only a couple of months later we broke up...you can imagine how hard it was.

I had another relationship after...that ended very shockingly at the beginning of this year and left me in pieces...

I've been thinking for a while about going back to WDW...alone...
    The thought scares me a bit and on one side feels very cathartic...

I always stayed at the Poly and I would love to go back there...

I just wanted to hear from other members, if you guys went on a trip there alone and how was it...

Thanks for listening to my story (sorry it was a bit of a downer)...and for any help you can give me!

I'm just trying anything I can to put myself back together again...

Thanks! <3

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Going solo

I have gone solo a few time. Went to Florida for work and stayed a few extra days. It was really nice and relaxing. I found that I got to pick where to go, where to eat and when! I walked around and really stopped to look at some of the "little" extras. I really looked at Main Street windows. I took so many pictures!

There were friendly people in line frequently so I would make small talk. Or not if I didn't want to. I got a birthday pin even though it wasn't and I tried to figure out which park was the friendliest about the pin. (For me AK and Epcot were just about tied while MK was the least friendly about it). I would get a soft drink and just sit around and people watch- wondering why people were there.

Would I do it again? YES! In a heartbeat! It is so different and relaxing. I will be honest I didn't eat a lot of table services but had a great meal at the bar of 50s Prime Time. I did a tour once by myself which I liked also while my hubby went fishing. It is sometimes those little things that make it fun for everyone or for yourself.

Thank you for your reply!
    i think it would be a nice experience...I guess I'm just scared about all the memories it also holds...

is it easier to eat in restaurants when you're alone? Did you still have to make reservations?

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I don't think there is anything wrong with going solo!!! As a matter of fact, I would love to try it at some point!

Thank you!
    I'll keep you posted if I decided to do it...
    I'm thinking about September. I used to go during that month each year...it's so nice and 'quiet'