Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Park Hopper Dad
  • 1 Post By Park Hopper Dad
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss I've been out of the loop too long, i need info and tips! in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok all my Disney brothers and sisters, I need help. My family and I, haven't been to WDW since '07. I lost my job in '08 and we haven't been ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I've been out of the loop too long, i need info and tips!

Ok all my Disney brothers and sisters, I need help. My family and I, haven't been to WDW since '07. I lost my job in '08 and we haven't been anywhere since. We now have a very good opportunity to come home to our beloved WDW. I know tons of stuff has changed, including the prices(UGH), but it is what it is. I have kept up some with the additions to the parks, such as the expanded fantasyland, but I am totally out of the loop as far as how to get the cheapest rates possible, and how to eat cheap and spend as little as possible. We estimate to go in October, in the second week, and I think the free dining plan is not offered during our week. Not a problem really, cause I know the dining plan is available on non discounted packages, not on the fall discounted packages; at least that's what I'm hearing. I need info yall, on how to get the cheapest prices for packages, rooms separately and tickets separately, or if a package is the best way to go. I also need to know about current prices for food at WDW. Prices in the parks and outside the parks, such as at food courts and at Downtown Disney.It's really been a long time since we were there so I need yall's help. Are there any food prices posted here somewhere? I haven't even been to this site in years since we had to quit going to WDW, because I personally didn't see any need to chat with yall and hear about yall's trips if I couldn't go also. Not to sound selfish, just saddened that I lost my job and our trips to WDW ended as they did. OK yall, help out your Disney brother so I can go see papa again!
    Park Hopper Dad!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: I've been out of the loop too long, i need info and tips!

Best tip I can give is if you are staying on property, work with Mouse Fan Travel. They will get you the cheapest rates you can get. Plus, you don't have the stress of trying to figure out your schedules. Let them do it for free!

If you are staying off property, use sites like Kayak.com, Priceline.com, etc to get your rooms. Sign up for newsletter at Mousesavers.com and buy your tickets through Undercover Tourist using the link they send out in their newsletter every month or buy your tickets at the Kissimmee Walmart when you get to Florida.

And congrats on the upcoming trip. I know you've been away from home for a while. Enjoy when you get there.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Is that Mouse Fan Travel .com?
    Park Hopper Dad!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Yup. I recommend Coleen Boltin. She's our agent and has booked three trips for us. She's awesome. I just sent her a request for a trip for next year. Tell her David from Ohio sent ya.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'd also get a quote from Kingdom Konsultants - Tammy Whiting also.

tammy@kingdomkonsultant.com

She owns Story Book and is a travel agent for Kingdom Konsultant
    A nice lady who is all about family.

It never hurts to get a couple of quotes. So excited you are going back. I just came back, so much fun.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Yall really don't know what all I've been through since losing my job in '08. I fell in a parking lot 3 years ago and did some damage to my left knee and I can't run and it bucks when I walk up stairs. Last year in Feb, I became very sick. I had the flu and it turned into bronchitis with deep chest congestion. I couldn't breathe good and I literally thought I was dying. Then after that, I got an ear/sinus infection and after it cleared up, I now have this constant hissing in my ears all the time. Not to mention, that after I lost my job in '08, I was blessed to become the painter for an apt complex, and I painted the apts after they were vacated. I had that job for 2 years from '09 to '11 and then I lost that job due to the owners selling the apts. So I have been without a steady job since Aug of '11. But the worst thing happened to me, even with all of this other stuff going on; was that, back on Labor day of last year, my mother died. Then in Jan of this year, my dad died. My dad has had COPD and Emphysema for years due to smoking, so we expected him to pass away first, but it was mama that went first. That really shocked me and my siblings. So now, every since Jan, we have been going through the legal **** to get the life insurance money from my dad's policy, all because my mother was the beneficiary none of kids names were on it. As of now, we still do not have our money. Not to mention that for the last several months, I have been going up to my parent's house and re-painting it and doing repair work, getting it ready to sell. So with some of this money, when we get it, I am going to bring my family back to WDW for a week, so we can just forget the world for a week or so. We have been blessed because the girl across the street from my parent's house, is buying their house, so she can live across the street from her parents.
    Thanks for yall's info. Sorry about spilling all of this on everyone, but sometimes it's good to share things, so that others may know the pain that people go through and can possible offer advice and encouragement.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Park Hopper Dad!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

You really have had a rotten 5 years Bud! Many on these boards have had a difficult time trying to crawl out of the hole of the last recession. It is Sucidoodles. My condolences on the passing of your parents, that is rough. We still have several of our members struggling with employment.

While I've been back to the World multiple times during those college years my DD has not and this trip was about her. She graduated from her University a semester early and she was as determined as you to get back to the World. It was a great trip and I am working on a trip report that I want to finish before I start posting it here. Uploading photo's doesn't come easily for me.

So what resort are you dreaming of taking your family to? We did the quick service dining plan this time, a first for us, we have been on the regular dining plan for a while now but actually I became tired of planning my days and time around sit down dining. It worked well for us and it was nice just to tap the Magic Band once for us to pay at quick service. Because of the boards and the the disney food blog | food IS a theme park we made the most of our QS dining credits. We had some incredibly good food, many better than some of the table services we tossed in here and there.

Have fun planning!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thanks for the respects for my parents. Yeah it has been a tough for me. But I am not flinching at it one bit. Being a strong Christian in church and having a close relationship with Christ; I expect to go through tough times. I had it really good for many years. We went on three vacations per year and I had plenty of money in bank and a lot stashed here at home. But then God said it time for the suffering part for a while and so here I am. I'm not worried per se, but I am concerned as to how long these trials and tribulations will last. But you can't have a victory and a deliverance, without first having some struggles and hard times. It's all good. But anyway, we will be staying at POP if we do get to come down. We'll get two rooms cause my girls are in their 20's now, and we all sleep in separate beds these days. We're gonna try to get a package this time to include our tix and admission to Disneyquest. I can't afford the dining plan, and if we go down the second week of Oct, it isn't offered for free during that week. UGH! Just our luck! Heck I don't know, maybe the good Lord will pull some strings for us and work that out too. However, I would rather have my package discounted and buy my own meals than have to pay full price for the package just to get the dining plan for free. I average out $100 per day for food for four of us, so I can handle that I believe. Cause I know how we four eat. We definitely won't spend $100 per day for food. So I think discounted fall package without dining plan is our best bet. But I am gonna splurge for lunch when we go to Magic Kingdom. My daughter wants to eat at the Be Our Guest restaurant, so one splurge won't kill us. LOL!
    ohiodisneydad likes this.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Good info...thanks from a lurker also!