Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss FP+ when your AP expires - current state of affairs? in the Vacation Planning forums; Issue Our FL Resident Seasonal passes expire half way thru the vacation just about every year. Cannot renew online - gives an error: already attached to an account - well ...
    PortVista is offline A-Ticket holder

FP+ when your AP expires - current state of affairs?

Issue
    Our FL Resident Seasonal passes expire half way thru the vacation just about every year.
    Cannot renew online - gives an error: already attached to an account - well of course it is.

Questions
    Will I be able to call and renew and make FP+ selections for the rest of the trip?
    Are FP+ for the top tier attractions still available the day of or day before? So it's a non-issue?
    Can I add another person's ticket to the account to get FP+ and just not use it?
    Can I just buy a non-expiring ticket so I can always get a FP+ selection to show up?

I know this has been asked a lot everywhere, but I've not gotten a recent consensus. I wanted to know what the deal was before I called since we've been told the wrong info before and wasted hours on the last two trips due to the same issue. We always seem to go on the week our passes expire, or half the family buys the tickets when they arrive.

PortVista is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: FP+ when your AP expires - current state of affairs?

To report back - apparently they fixed the issues with AP renewals. If you pay in full over the phone, you get a confirmation number that you can add to your MyExperience account. It gave me the option to assign both tickets to my family members. You'll want to make sure your party is linked and given "admin" rights first. We can now make our FP+. The ticket was activated minutes after we got off the phone. So that's good news if you renew annually. Apparently you can also renew online too, but we did not get that option. Resident passes are a little different.