Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss DisneyWorld.com update in the Vacation Planning forums; Disney has updated their website for those who book their vacations that way. From time to time I price out a vacation on there for fun and to depress myself ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

DisneyWorld.com update

Disney has updated their website for those who book their vacations that way.

From time to time I price out a vacation on there for fun and to depress myself and I noticed the update today.

I actually think they did a good job with this, Disney gets criticized a lot for the way they design their online/mobile applications but I thought they hit the nail on the head with this one.

Also, I think they may have updated the photos for the rooms? I was looking at POR and the room photos were very attractive. Really made me want to stay there.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: DisneyWorld.com update

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    From time to time I price out a vacation on there for fun and to depress myself and I noticed the update today.
    Good to know I'm not the only one who does this kind of self torture.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Good to know I'm not the only one who does this kind of self torture.
    My entire presence in the Disney community is self torture. Haven't been to Disney since 2010, won't be going for at least 2-3 more years, I listen to 7 different Disney podcasts every week and come to these boards every day.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    My entire presence in the Disney community is self torture. Haven't been to Disney since 2010, won't be going for at least 2-3 more years, I listen to 7 different Disney podcasts every week and come to these boards every day.
    I have it worse than you, I haven't been since 2006, and I have no hopes in the near future either
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I have it worse than you, I haven't been since 2006, and I have no hopes in the near future either
    Oh in no way do I think I have it worse than anyone else. For the longest time I thought there was some secret I didn't know about that allowed everyone in the Disney community to go down there all the time, but of course, I learned there isn't. Some people are just blessed to be able to go more often. Others, I've learned have pretty hefty credit card payments.

My only point was that at times I wonder why I devote so much time and thought on a place I won't be going anytime soon. It would make more sense to just let it be and return to all this when I'm actually ready to make another trip. But the truth is I enjoy the people and staying up with all the news and rumors makes my last trip seem like it wasn't all that long ago, and perhaps my next is just around the bend.

In the end I know being able to go even once is a huge blessing, and I've been able to go twice.

That being said I do hope our fortunes turn around and we are both able to return soon!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

I used to one of those that were able to go a lot. From 3/90 to 12/06 I went every year, including 4 trips out to DL.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

We go every other year but here lately it seems that we've been blessed with the ability to go back to back years. That's a rarity. I work as much OT as I can get and we scrimp and save every dime.

I feel for you fellas. Hope you get the chance to go back home soon.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort