Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Babysitting?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone tried using the in room babysitting called "Kids night out??" or any other in room services?? I called Disney today to find out about babysitting options since we ...
    april is offline A-Ticket holder

Babysitting??

Has anyone tried using the in room babysitting called "Kids night out??" or any other in room services?? I called Disney today to find out about babysitting options since we want to try and have a night at P.I.- I have never been yet. They referred me to call Kids Night Out, I need to make a reservation, but they told me they will not be responsible for my 13 year old, and that if he wants to leave the room they can't stop him. I also have an 8 year old and my baby will be 5 months when we go. I am open to any suggestions. My 13 and 5 month old do not qualify for the kids clubs at the resorts. Thanks!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    There is another service I have read about called --believe it or not?---"the Fairy Godmothers". (407) 277-3724 and another called "All About Kids" (407)812-9300 or all-about-kids.com I have never used them but at least you have other options out there.
    All of them charge extra depending on how many kids you have and all need advance notice and charge a transportation fee and may charge extra if they are there after a certain hour(usually 9pm or later) and may have a minimum amount of hours you will be charged for. Ask when you book them about whether you prefer male or female sitters. Some of the services emply both. And dont forget to ask about forms of payment.
    As for the 13 yr old...none mention ages so it doesnt hurt to ask....Hire him for the night if all else fails....lol Hope this helps a bit.

VIXEN DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY INFO TO BE TRUE OR UP TO DATE>>>>SHE IS JUST QUOTING THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE BOOK 2005
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    At Shades of Green we use Fairy Godmothers, they are a great service that I have never heard a single complaint about. Unfortunately, there is no babysitting service that can legally restrain your 13-year old from leaving the room.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Just don't tell the 13 year old that the babysitter isn't responsible for him. What he doesn't know....
    They call me "Nana"

april is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks Guys!!!!!

r&trich is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was wondering if anyone has used AAA for a room discount, and if so how much is the typical discount percentage?
    1976- Off Property
    1996- Contemporary
    1998- Contemporary
    1999- Contemporary
    2000- Yacht Club
    2001-Contemporary
    2002- Wilderness Lodge
    2003- Grand Californian
    2004- Boardwalk Inn
    2005- Wilderness Lodge
    2007-Wilderness Lodge
    2009-Wilderness Lodge