Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss First day back at home in the Vacation Planning forums; I know that nobody wants to think about actually coming home, but after the hype of getting ready for Disney and planning for months, the first day back at home ...
    april is offline A-Ticket holder

First day back at home

I know that nobody wants to think about actually coming home, but after the hype of getting ready for Disney and planning for months, the first day back at home can be a real downer. (kinda like the day after Christmas) What do you do to ease the transition and do you have any tips for making the first day back at home a little special? With all the laundry, schoolwork, and grocery shopping that needs to be done how do you spend your first day back at home??

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I plan on spending mine sleeping.......lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I will be catching up with the Kids since they aren't going this trip. Probably give them some presents and sleep. I will probably have to cook too-now that I think of it.

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    Usually I rest/unpack/go over how much money I spent (I don't go with my parents, I do with my aunt and cousins) but his year, i got back, had to re-wash and pack, and leave for 5 days of Music Camp at The University of South Carolina. That week was actually kind of intense so far as sleep. Anwayway, once i got home from camp I was EXHAUSTED (I kinda fell asleep during rehearsal the day before the concert) but anyway, I slept for 17 hours straight when I got home from camp! I think I woke up once to to go the bathroom...
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I say hello to my kitty, unload the car (we normally drive to Florida), take a shower, and got to bed (we normally get home later on in the evening).

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Unpacking the souvenirs and uploading the pictures from the digital camera (or bringing the film to get developed) are usually top priorities the first day home. Also, we watch any movies we took, 'just to be sure they came out ok'. Then comes the mountain of laundry.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Usually we have to make the trip up North to pick up the dog who stays with Grandma and Grandpa then once we are back home I look through all the digital pictures we took and start planning how and what I am going to use in my scrapbooks! We also usually watch the video taken during our trip ASAP and frequently after that to hold us over until our next trip!

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    It ease the Post Disney Blues we start planning our next trip! This is usually heavy discussion for a couple of days and then life starts taking back it's space in our day to day talks. We also develop pictures and watch any videos we may have taken after putting away clothes and we have one last meal out (Usually pizza) to finalize our return home.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I look over all my goodies that I have brought home... Print all the digital pics I took.. put them in a photo album.. visit friends and family to share our adventure and recapture the magical moments I just had..

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I like to start work on my trip report so that I can replay all of the trip in my head.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    The best way to deal with is to too start planning for your next trip!!!

However, before I do that I will download all my digital pics (which will now include DWT, which will take several days or weeks) and transfer my videos to DVD. I will sort thru all the souvenirs and get them organized. Next, I will logon to DWT and write my trip report, which should take several hours, or days. Finally, if it's Tuesday, or Thursday I will join DWT chat and tell all my fellow Team Members what a great time I had, and how the DW still wants to go to Branson.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I haven't even gone yet and I'm already bummed about coming home.
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I usually just call Member Services within a month of returning home...welcome my non-disney home that is.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I usually

1.Give loving to my kitten and dog.
    2.Call me mom to let her know I'm home.(My mom's still like that)
    3.Throw all of my clothes and DH's clothes from our suitcases to
    the washing machine.
    4.Poop out on the coach watching old movies.
    Izzy