Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss looking for some help in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi I am new here. I am planning to ask my girlfriend to ask her to marry me in disney next month. I am looking for different ideas on how ...
    Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder

looking for some help

Hi I am new here. I am planning to ask my girlfriend to ask her to marry me in disney next month. I am looking for different ideas on how to do it other than just in front of the castle. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    During a stroll along the beach at the Grand Floridian during Wishes would be nice.

From the top of the Contemporary during Wishes would be nice.

Aboard the "Breathless" during Illuminations would be nice.

Over dessert at a fancy, smancy restaurant would be nice (especially if dessert coincided with Wishes).
    They call me "Nana"

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    If it would be possible, while you're having a character dinner, have one of the characters deliver the ring. I dont know if they do this sort of thing but of course it would be something you would have to arrange in advance.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

can the music for wishes be heard on the beach at the grand floridian?

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilostmytail
    can the music for wishes be heard on the beach at the grand floridian?
    No, but at the back of the Grand Floridian is a quick-service restaurant called Gasparilla Grill. The outdoor seating for it is at the end of the GF's marina. That area has a great view of the castle and fireworks and the sound is piped in as well.

If you have some cash to spare try one of these:
    Rent the Grand Floridian's yacht for dinner and fireworks and propose during the finale.
    Dress up and go to dinner at Victoria & Albert's (also at the Grand), one of the most romantic - and expensive - restaurants around. Propose over desert.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    EHHH romantic---too overdone...how about something fun like getting the front seat of the monorail and proposing there (is there a speaker system so the rest of the train can hear?) or what about doing the sword in the stone ceremony and arranging it ahead of time so she gets picked and along with the props have Merlin say that a knight in shining armour has a few words to say to the reigning queen....fun and probably free, maybe????
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Well aren't you so wonderful! Is there a certain aspect of Disney (World) your girlfriend likes? (fireworks, cinderella, Dumbo, EPCOT) If so, go from there... if not, decide if you want romantic, different, fun or just completly you! There are so many possibilities... You could mention the "ring" story at the HM & happen to be bending down to show her the ring when you "find" another one... or surprise her with a specially topped dole whip (not so much from the romantic angle) or you could propose on the Cinderella's Carosel or in the castle at dinner or at Epcot in front of the dancing fountain on in front of the Eifle Tower. Like I said, the possibilities are endless, but I'm sure you'll get some great ideas here!
    PS, I hope you find your tail soon.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas. We have been to disney together a few times and we dont really have a favorite ride. We just love the entire disney experience, the most happy and stress free place on earth. I have scheduled a carriage ride for us but was unsure if that was the right place. first I was unsure if i could get the driver to stop so I could get on one knee. Second I was unsure if bending on one knee in a carriage was appropriate. I know there are probably a million romantic locations thats why i'm trying to get as much feedback as possible. I didnt want to go with the usual proposing in front of the castle during the wishes show. Any more feedback you can give would be great. thanks!
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Whatever you decide to do, it will be wonderful, I'm sure

My DF proposed to me in our Disneyland Paris hotel room last December and it was just as romantic as anywhere else - he couldn't wait any longer, he told me!!
    Jen xXx

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Is there a country you might want to visit for your honeymoon? Then propose there at Epcot - under the Eiffel Tower or along the boat ride in Mexico. There are so so so many options and I am sure if you mentioned it to someone at the park, they would be happy to help you! GOOD LUCK! And we need a play by play story afterwards - WITH PICTURES!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Is she expecting this?? Or do you have her totally clueless??

we are at the point where she is getting antsy about it but she has no clue it will be in disney.

does anyone have any other ideas? Has anyone done the carriage rides?

Something that would definitely need to be planned in advance...but I have an idea! Book the Family Magic Tour. It is only $25 per person and is about 2 1/2 hours long. It is a bunch of silly stuff during a scavenger hunt through the Magic Kingdom while you are searching for Captain Hook's gold Hook. Towards the end of the tour you meet up with Peter Pan and go with him to Fantasyland and have front row seats with him to watch Mickey's Philharmagic. We just recently went on this tour and my Son got to sit next to Peter Pan during the movie and the point where Ariel "let's go" of her jems and jewels and they "float" into the air, Peter placed plastic jems into the kids hands. If you could arrange for your girlfriend to be seated next to Peter and when she reaches out her hands (maybe with a little proding from you sitting on the other side of her) Peter could place the ring in her hand and then you could drop down to your knee and propose to her. I guarantee you that Philharmagic will be your new favorite attraction since you said that you two do not really have a favorite! And you will have lots of fun leading up to the proposal to boot!!!! Good luck with whatever you decide! What a great place to get proposed to!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!

This is a hard question to answer. Maybe you should consult GrumpyDude. You can ask him thru his thread. Dear GrumpyDude.... Good Luck and Best Wishes to you both.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 08-16-2005 at 06:29 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast