Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Care Package to Self in the Vacation Planning forums; I just read this on another website: I think I will do this when I go: Since we fly down it is not feasible to pack any great amount of ...
    #1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.

Care Package to Self

I just read this on another website: I think I will do this when I go:

Since we fly down it is not feasible to pack any great amount of food for our kids snacks and we never rent a car we have determined that there is no need while staying on the Disney premises. So to get groceries we send ourselves a care package of non perishable snacks like juice boxes, bottled water (an expensive Disney commodity) crackers, cookies, gum (you can't buy gum in Disneyworld), basically anything you might find in a vending machine. I call the resort in advance and ask what I need to do to mail myself a package there and we have it delivered to our room upon check in. It works out great for those poolside snacks at the hotel. Just make sure you send the heavy stuff separate from the chips. We tried packing them together but the chips get crushed (Pringles work good). Also be wary of those package deals that include all three meals a day. You may find that you only eat 2 most days. Thanks to a Guide2WDW visitor for this tip!

I think I will send myself some chips, orange juice and some tastykakes, and definetly PEPSI
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Good idea

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    That's actually a great idea. I did something similar last year for MouseFest. Rather than try and schlep down all my stuff, I jutt packed it all and had it sent to my resort. I threw in some snacks like power bars, etc., as I knew I'd be getting in late and would want a little snack when I got to my room. The package was waiting for me as I checked in.

Now, if I could just ship my family down and save on the airfare...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    LOL---I was thinking of sending myself a care package FROM WDW. I guess I am just ready to go on my vacation!

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We are going to send a fan to our resort as I can't sleep without one on. Then we are getting a prepaid shipping bill to send it home since the weight of the package won't change.

As for non-perishable snacks and stuff - we are packing one suitcase with this stuff. Then it will leave some room on the way home for newly purchased Disney items!

BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I thought about this also, but wasn't sure what the rules were for the airline they change them so much, I guess I can just pack non-liquids.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop