Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Updates on Resort Internet Service in the Vacation Planning forums; from today's MousePlanet: http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdat.../wdw050815.htm The Polynesian Resort is scheduled to become the 15th Walt Disney World resort to provide high-speed Internet service to guests today. All of the other deluxe ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Updates on Resort Internet Service

from today's MousePlanet: http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdat.../wdw050815.htm

The Polynesian Resort is scheduled to become the 15th Walt Disney World resort to provide high-speed Internet service to guests today. All of the other deluxe (with the exception of Animal Kingdom Lodge) and home-away-from-home resorts already have their high-speed hookups online, and the Coronado Springs and Port Orleans French Quarter resorts are also up and running.

The expected schedule for the remaining moderate and value resorts is as follows:

Port Orleans Riverside - September 1
    Caribbean Beach - October 20
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - October 27
    All Star Movies - December 6
    All Star Music - January 13, 2006
    All Star Sports - February 14, 2006
    Pop Century Classic Years - April 19, 2006
    The in-room Ethernet connections, which require an LAN cable for connectivity, will be billed to your room and cost $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. (If you first use it at 9 p.m., you've paid for it through 9 p.m. the next night.) Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by touching 56 from your guest room phone or on any house phone.

Wi-Fi wireless access is also available at several resorts. The BoardWalk, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Grand Floridian, Yacht Club and Beach Club resorts feature access in many public areas, including lobbies, lounges and pool areas. Check with the resort for details.

The Wi-Fi connections require a wireless interface card in your computer (available for purchase in hotel gift shops where Wi-Fi is available) and cost $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. Service is provided by Smart City, who also provide technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 407-938-HELP (407-938-4357).

Of course, you can also access your ISP via a POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) connection if you wish, though regular resort phone charges will apply.

If you're staying at the Swan or Dolphin Resorts, you've had high-speed Internet connectivity for a while. The two resorts have Starwood Turbo Net High Speed Internet in all guests rooms. With the same requirements as the in-room access in the Disney resorts (network card in your PC, CAT5 Ethernet cable in room), the Internet access is included with the standard $10 per night resort fee.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Thanks for the update Pat. I still thnk I'll pass at those rates.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

rosiejo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Me too! I got excited there for a minute that they have access at the AKL - well by the time we get there - but that's expensive. I only want to update my trip report each day for family back home. I was recommended a couple of ISPS where you can dial up and PAYG. In fact one gives you a 5 hour free trial:

http://www.budgetdialup.com/ Free for upto 5 hours through modem plugged into telephone socket
    http://www.boingo.com/search.html PAYG broadband with wifi