Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss youngest age? in the Vacation Planning forums; what's the youngest you would recommend taking a child, knowing that they might not be able to go again (unless we won the lottery)? How old do they have to ...
    rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

youngest age?

what's the youngest you would recommend taking a child, knowing that they might not be able to go again (unless we won the lottery)?

How old do they have to be to remember it?
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    In my own opinion, I would say you should take them when they're old enough to enjoy the magic. Too young, and they won't remember it. I would say they should be... ummmm.... 5?
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Around age 7 would also be a good age. Might be able to remember a little more. Five is good also but might remember more if you waited a few more years.

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I remember a few things from DL when I was a little under 4 but not very much. I don't have any solid memories until I was about 6.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I was 4 my first time.. I have some of my earliest memories from that trip...

I was a little over 2 the first time that I went and I have memories of it. I think it just depends on the child. We took our oldest his first time when he was 2 1/2 and he remembers things from that trip. I was amazed with the things that he remembered when we went back when he was 3. I know that a lot of people say to wait until the are older, but there is nothing like experiencing WDW with a little one. I have the look on my Son's face when he first stepped on to Main Street engraved in my memory!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I was 7 my first time, seemed like a good age. I only remembered a little when I went back 10 years later.
    We took our oldest DD when she was 3. Great age because they get right into everything. When we went last year our oldest was 8 and our youngest was 2. In my opinion 2 is too young. Get overwhelmed too easily. Our 8 year old saw a zipper on the back of Chip and the whole "age of not believing" started.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    My parental units took me for my first trip at the tender age of 3. I remember very little, and most of what I do remember is what I recall seeing in the photographs during later years.

I made my second trip when I was about 7, and to this day it remains one of my most memorable trips ever.

If you seriously forsee bringing a child only once in the next several years... I'd say it's probably best to wait until they are about 5-7. If you had the funds to make multiple trips, I'd say age 3-4 for trip #1, and then again in the 5-7 range (or even more often if you can!!!).
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I think about 5 would be a good age for a child, to remember a trip to WDW, especially if you take a lot of pictures and/or video and look at/watch them regularly from then on.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i was 8 on my first trip. we're planning on taking our daughter at roughly 3 1/2.

a buddy of mine took his daughter at 3, and he says that she enjoyed it, and still talks about it, 3 years later.

i think it depends on the child and the trip. if i took a 4 year old, and did nothing but sat in the room and watched TV, i don't think they'd remember as much as a 2 year old who experienced all the fun stuff (using an extreme example).

TXwHnIdY is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From a hicktown in Texas to one in Alabama
    I went when i was like 3, dont rememebr it, but at 7, i could probably tell you what i had for breakfast each day we were there. (i can remember that, but not enough algebra to pass a test!) My sister went when she was 8, but mi cousin when she was 2. it really just depends. if your children are carzy like my sister, and they think :mickey: isnt real, you just might want to take them around age 5. but if not, seven would also work!
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    No younger than 5.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I went the first time when I was 6 I remember so stuff then when I was older and went back it came back to me quick accept the fact that when I when back Epcot was there. I wait unitl my youngest was 7 to take her and sister to the parks. So I say around 6 or 7 I think by then you won't be so limited to what you can and cannot ride plus at that age they usually don't require a nap and there also no stroller to push around.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN